Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the 1981 Suzuki GS 450TX my son gave me on Father's Day 2011, and creating a Bobber. This is my first project, and I'm looking for advice on how best to sell my stripped parts. (forums, Craig's list, e-Bay)

They are:

Instrument cluster
Headlamp assembly
Tail light bracket
Tail light
Fuel Tank
Turn signal set
Crash guards
Light & Horn button
Horn
Front Pegs
Rear Pegs
Shift Lever
Rear Brake Lever

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
gsresources.com......but I hate to tell you most of that shit isn't worth much. Good to someone who maybe crashed their bike and needs a new one of those things but they are so common it will never be worth all that much.

I don't think you know what a bobber really is because you are misusing it like all the other douchebags out there. What you meant to say was early style chopper. A "Real" bobber is a street legal flat tracker from the 1930s-1960's which if you notice your GS was made after that time period. A street tracker is that late 1960's to present day flat track race bike look for the street. What these morons call a "bobber" these days (see nightster, sportster iron, etc) are actually early choppers and have nothing to do with guys riding hardtail race bikes with cut down real fenders.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
gsresources.com......but I hate to tell you most of that shit isn't worth much. Good to someone who maybe crashed their bike and needs a new one of those things but they are so common it will never be worth all that much.

I don't think you know what a bobber really is because you are misusing it like all the other douchebags out there. What you meant to say was early style chopper. A "Real" bobber is a street legal flat tracker from the 1930s-1960's which if you notice your GS was made after that time period. A street tracker is that late 1960's to present day flat track race bike look for the street. What these morons call a "bobber" these days (see nightster, sportster iron, etc) are actually early choppers and have nothing to do with guys riding hardtail race bikes with cut down real fenders.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
See thats just another chapter of the book right here.
A few other chapters for the book
-Why a honda hawk sucks
-Why a CX isnt much better but here is the list of things you need to do to ride one
-The complete history of the cafe racer
-The origins of choppers and bobbers
-The correct order to "build" your bike
-How to make any bike handle like a race bike
-Reliving stories that my father told me
-The real street racers
-Muscle car vin decoding and what to look for in a junk yard
-How to properly store your motorcycle
-What raccoon piss will do to improperly stored parts

Im sure I can come up with more if you want.
Really I want you to start a blog thing and write one thing a day. I actually think it might be therapeutic

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
See thats just another chapter of the book right here.
A few other chapters for the book
-Why a honda hawk sucks
-Why a CX isnt much better but here is the list of things you need to do to ride one
-The complete history of the cafe racer
-The origins of choppers and bobbers
-The correct order to "build" your bike
-How to make any bike handle like a race bike
-Reliving stories that my father told me
-The real street racers
-Muscle car vin decoding and what to look for in a junk yard
-How to properly store your motorcycle
-What raccoon piss will do to improperly stored parts

Im sure I can come up with more if you want.
Really I want you to start a blog thing and write one thing a day. I actually think it might be therapeutic

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
this is a bobber:

This is a chopper:

This is what pre 1960's flat track racing used to look like:

see the difference? See how you can take the 1948 flat head and take the lights off and race it? see how you can't do that with a gs450?

The harley dipshits ruined the term bobber because....well frankly they need to have a name for everything, and not just a new original name but something that conjers an image and a lifestyle, so they just call every cut down bike a bobber. It's sad really.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
this is a bobber:

This is a chopper:

This is what pre 1960's flat track racing used to look like:

see the difference? See how you can take the 1948 flat head and take the lights off and race it? see how you can't do that with a gs450?

The harley dipshits ruined the term bobber because....well frankly they need to have a name for everything, and not just a new original name but something that conjers an image and a lifestyle, so they just call every cut down bike a bobber. It's sad really.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Fucking harley people doing small things to bike and calling them race, or some other name....lol

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Fucking harley people doing small things to bike and calling them race, or some other name....lol

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
that's just.....glam rock.

From this point forward something that is both gay and awesome I am just going to call glam rock. Think Mott The Hopple or Tom Robinson Band or Sweet - both Gay and Awesome!

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
that's just.....glam rock.

From this point forward something that is both gay and awesome I am just going to call glam rock. Think Mott The Hopple or Tom Robinson Band or Sweet - both Gay and Awesome!

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Joe that is just sick. I would totally ride that

Hell I got a kick out of riding geetos death trap chopper.
I think he was disappointed that I didnt hate riding it, one day he will sell it to me...

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Joe that is just sick. I would totally ride that

Hell I got a kick out of riding geetos death trap chopper.
I think he was disappointed that I didnt hate riding it, one day he will sell it to me...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts