Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know whether I should post this in "General" or "Project Builds" seeing how this has been a year long project, but anyway. Remember a while back, Speedy was going on about "The World's Fastest Indian" being the greatest movie of all time? Remember the scene where he's laying on the salt, beat to shit, with the bike laying on it's side and he say's " I did it"? I realized my dream of becoming a N.J. state licensed Motorcycle dealer today; and doing it in way that recalls a small town, store front bike shop right on Main St. "Cycle Icons,- Purveyors of Fine Vintage Motorcycles" is now also an authorized Royal Enfield dealer. But I eventually see it full of Ducati's, Triumph's, etc. in addition to our usual inventory of fine vintage and classic machinery, and fine antiques and collectibles. It's going to be a great place to hang, shoot the shit over coffee Saturday morning, or over a beer Saturday afternoon. Grand Opening blow out planned for the end of April. Hope to see my caferacer.net friends from the area. I'll keep you guys posted. This is gonna rock!

Cheers- Leo

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
congrats leo-

i'm just across the jersey border in NY. i hope to make it down sometime this season. let us know where you are.

-tt

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
congrats leo-

i'm just across the jersey border in NY. i hope to make it down sometime this season. let us know where you are.

-tt

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fellas.

bcr- Yeah man, looking forward to cracking a couple too.

tt- I'm in Bordentown, about 10 miles south of Trenton.

Pam- Sorry Dude, I gotta hold to MSRP, I'm broke! ( Chr*st, I sound like a dealer already).
But if your serious, I sure we can come up with a caferacer.net special promotional package.

Cheers- Leo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas.

bcr- Yeah man, looking forward to cracking a couple too.

tt- I'm in Bordentown, about 10 miles south of Trenton.

Pam- Sorry Dude, I gotta hold to MSRP, I'm broke! ( Chr*st, I sound like a dealer already).
But if your serious, I sure we can come up with a caferacer.net special promotional package.

Cheers- Leo

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
that rocks and wish you all the best, nice looking shack!

see my rant about hypocritical tax breaks given to the hybrid purchasers and also keep in mind that for years our govt allowed a 1:1 single year write off of vehicles having 7000 GVWR or more

hybrids have been proven to have a larger carbon foot print than a full sized SUV...... total BS to give those people tax breaks while not offering any incentives to get more people out of their cages and onto two wheels

yet many states have the unmitigated gall and stupidity to penalize motorcyclists

when it should be the other way around

I posted it on CW and most people there seem to think I am a kouk, except for the other kouks and head cases

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
that rocks and wish you all the best, nice looking shack!

see my rant about hypocritical tax breaks given to the hybrid purchasers and also keep in mind that for years our govt allowed a 1:1 single year write off of vehicles having 7000 GVWR or more

hybrids have been proven to have a larger carbon foot print than a full sized SUV...... total BS to give those people tax breaks while not offering any incentives to get more people out of their cages and onto two wheels

yet many states have the unmitigated gall and stupidity to penalize motorcyclists

when it should be the other way around

I posted it on CW and most people there seem to think I am a kouk, except for the other kouks and head cases

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks- Hack

As far as tax breaks and being green. One thing I learned while trying to get this done and having to navigate a State bureaucracy, is there's no money in saying yes too easily (I'm sure it keeps their case load high, so as to justify their jobs) and there's no money in common sense.

Our Government at this point is certainly about nothing, if not money and a lack of common sense. The only reason I think you might be" kouky", is I thought it was spelled "kooky".
Maybe it's a regional thing.

BTW- A 2008 Royal Enfield Bullet with its "lean burn" engine- a real world, honest 72 mpg.
Around five grand, in a pretty stylish package, if I do say so. I think it's a no-brainer. Hope I'm right, got a lot tied up in this thing.

Cheers-Leo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks- Hack

As far as tax breaks and being green. One thing I learned while trying to get this done and having to navigate a State bureaucracy, is there's no money in saying yes too easily (I'm sure it keeps their case load high, so as to justify their jobs) and there's no money in common sense.

Our Government at this point is certainly about nothing, if not money and a lack of common sense. The only reason I think you might be" kouky", is I thought it was spelled "kooky".
Maybe it's a regional thing.

BTW- A 2008 Royal Enfield Bullet with its "lean burn" engine- a real world, honest 72 mpg.
Around five grand, in a pretty stylish package, if I do say so. I think it's a no-brainer. Hope I'm right, got a lot tied up in this thing.

Cheers-Leo

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Leo, this is awesome dude! I hope the Bullets start flyin', out of the showroom that is. Nice looking Norton BTW....
Next time I'm down, I'll stop in for sure.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Leo, this is awesome dude! I hope the Bullets start flyin', out of the showroom that is. Nice looking Norton BTW....
Next time I'm down, I'll stop in for sure.

FR

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
congrats dude!!!!! that is awesome. How far are you from NY? your place looks like a good riding destination for a sunday morning.

oh and what's the story on that norton?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
congrats dude!!!!! that is awesome. How far are you from NY? your place looks like a good riding destination for a sunday morning.

oh and what's the story on that norton?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice pun,FR. Yeah, definitely hope to se you guys at some point this Spring- Summer.

Thanks- Geet. Bordentown is about 90 minutes out of Manhattan, if the traffic Gods are with you. That weekend ride thing is part of the idea. Create a nice place to check out or meet for a ride. A cool hang, rather then some sterile "Dealership" out on the highway. Bordentown's a great little town, nice to visit, with a ton of Revolutionary War history.

The Norton I did a bunch of work on for a guy. Single Mikuni, Boyer, lined the tank, a bunch of other stuff. I have the bike for like four months (last winter), he keeps adding stuff to do, and I get it to the point where its a very nice rider. No way concours, but starts, runs and stops very well. He gets the bike back and is now trying to sell it cause he's worried about blowing up his hip replacement trying to kick it. Didn't occur to him before he started writing checks I guess. He has a new Bonnie as an alternative. He was asking a pretty nice number for it. I'm trying to get him to consign it in the store. If it piques anyone's interest here let me know.

Cheers- Leo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice pun,FR. Yeah, definitely hope to se you guys at some point this Spring- Summer.

Thanks- Geet. Bordentown is about 90 minutes out of Manhattan, if the traffic Gods are with you. That weekend ride thing is part of the idea. Create a nice place to check out or meet for a ride. A cool hang, rather then some sterile "Dealership" out on the highway. Bordentown's a great little town, nice to visit, with a ton of Revolutionary War history.

The Norton I did a bunch of work on for a guy. Single Mikuni, Boyer, lined the tank, a bunch of other stuff. I have the bike for like four months (last winter), he keeps adding stuff to do, and I get it to the point where its a very nice rider. No way concours, but starts, runs and stops very well. He gets the bike back and is now trying to sell it cause he's worried about blowing up his hip replacement trying to kick it. Didn't occur to him before he started writing checks I guess. He has a new Bonnie as an alternative. He was asking a pretty nice number for it. I'm trying to get him to consign it in the store. If it piques anyone's interest here let me know.

Cheers- Leo

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Well, I think this is a worthy reason for Northeastern caferacer.net folks to take a non-race weekend and head down to Leo's for an afternoon! Sure looks like a cool place!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts