Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Wednesday night, my friend Marcus opens his garage door to anyone that wants or needs help with their motorcycle.

Been doing it for years. We've met a lot of cool people this way, and it's progressed into a few of us who know what we are doing in one motorcycle-related field or another hanging around and helping and teaching those who haven't a clue as to what they are doing.

One of those people is Ryan Montgomery, who has started going to film school here in Portland.

He had an assignment to interview somebody.

So he interviewed Marcus. He's decided to make a series out of it, branching out, eventually, to other people involved in 'bike night'.

Nothing exciting, but fun, nonetheless.

Will update with the new ones as they emerge.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Damned Portlanders. Always doing nice stuff for each other. Being helpful and shit. Enjoy it while you can, Mark, because once we take over, there'll be no more of that nonsense.

S. Barker
President-in-waiting
Republic of Greater California

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wutevr. we has guns.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Cool video and a nice thing to do for people who need help with bikes and fun to-boot!

What is is about Wednsdays and the need to drink beer in a garage?

My friends and I hang out in a buddys garage every Wednsday night too and drink beer work on shit and talk smart too.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Note to self:
1) Deny Mr.Barker's entry visa for the land of hugs and hiking boots.
2) Arm the baristas
3) more cow bell

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Entry visa? Ha! See, that's your problem right there. We could take over your sopping green door mat of a state just by having the population of two or three CA counties move there. You'ld be outnumbered instantly.

We've actually already started the process, but we're doing it slowly so as not to raise any alarm. That nice family from Sacramento that just moved in down the street? Sleeper cell.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We aren't worries. Your people will either succumb to the call of douchebaggery or become completely disheartened by the overwhelming passive-aggressive attitudes of the majority here.

I mean, if you occupy a region by force, but everyone says "Yeah, whatever... hate your shoes..." and gives you bad service at the bars, did you really win?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wha???!! "your sopping green door mat of a state"
I think not....

20+ miles of lake bed, hot springs on either side, mountain peaches in the fall.

NE

"overwhelming passive-aggressive attitudes of the majority here"
Ha!! Guuhhh...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'll have to drag my ass out there one of these Wednesday nights....
sounds like more fun that listening to She Who Must Be Obeyed gripe at me about bike parts all over the place..

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do it.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2nd installment. Ryan tells me this one isn't quite finished yet, but its up for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts