Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
That guy in the pick-up wouldn't have had any idea WTF happened - one minute clear road ahead, next minute on my roof...

Yeah - fuck that "badass" biker guy.....had to be a HD, didn't it?? I was kinda wishing he would have gotten cleaned up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is so much fail here.

I just feel sorry for the innocent people that got caught up in that fucking mess, courtesy of the two biggest douche bags on the road.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm surprised theres so much hate for the rider. The sedan came into the hov lane and cut off the mc. Big deal he kicked the car causing zero damage. One guy is in a car and another is exposed. If a car carelessly fucks with my life, I get pretty upset. Thats one thing that gets me fuming-road rage against motorcyclists. Its happened to me before and it is scary shit when you realize that a driver basically has enough anger in them to do something that could quite possibly kill you.

If that were me riding I would have left the car driver behind to hopefully burn.

Yeah I suppose he should have tended to to the guy in the truck.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Bad choice for the title, I wasn't endorsing the biker's actions.
didn't think you were, but I was reading this item on Jalopnik yesterday and there were a bunch of people that seem to think that just because you ride a bike it's an excuse for poor behavior. It isn't.

I'm surprised theres so much hate for the rider. The sedan came into the hov lane and cut off the mc. Big deal he kicked the car causing zero damage. One guy is in a car and another is exposed. If a car carelessly fucks with my life, I get pretty upset. Thats one thing that gets me fuming-road rage against motorcyclists. Its happened to me before and it is scary shit when you realize that a driver basically has enough anger in them to do something that could quite possibly kill you.

If that were me riding I would have left the car driver behind to hopefully burn.

Yeah I suppose he should have tended to to the guy in the truck.
Being part of an accident and not stopping to see if people are ok is a dick move regardless as to whether you ride a bike or drive a car. It's also illegal and the stupidest kind of illegal, one with very little moral justification and does not benefit anybody involved including the runner (even if he "gets away" he still has a damaged bike to pay for and injury on his conscience).

Drivers are careless, and sometimes they are careless with our lives and it pisses us off. I get that and I am hugely sympathetic to that point of it. Kicking the car is stupid because more often than not it upsets the bike more than do any damage to the car. search youtube, there are hundreds of videos of bikers kicking a car and knocking themselves over - the car never felt a thing. We have all done stupid things because of careless drivers causing us to not think clearly and if we are lucky we realized that it's better to roll on and leave them behind in their little cage of rage than to take on their bullshit. I get to ride the bike, I get to enjoy life more than them by riding a motorcycle, why do I need to take on their petty bullshit because they are careless and thoughtless and aggressive about it, or worse why do I need to poke the bear to see if they are capable of murder? I'm at a disadvantage, in a fight between car and bike it's more likely their car will kill me - for what? because he's a moron? My life's too short as it is and this isn't the kind of bad choices I want to be know for (dying from too much sex while riding a motorcycle or a fist fight with a great white shark while skydiving is more my high speed chicken feed).

Now, I have watched this video probably about a dozen times and honestly I think the driver just really didn't see the bike and the kick to the car probably scared the shit out of them. Pro tip: if someone isn't situationally aware to see a large red motorcycle in close proximity to their car, they probably don't have a good mastery of driving either - probably best to leave them to their hazy fog, be thankful they didn't kill you, and move on. otherwise you get rolled over esclades. That's what we got here, a rolled over esclade.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yea this vid's all over the net and I had to watch it allot of times. 2 weeks ago a Tractor trailer squeezed me out of a lane. I only had grass at 130 Kph to move to. Grabbed a handful of throttle and got ahead of him. I could see he had no idea till I shot past his door. Gave him the "wave" and moved on. shame.gif The HD had allot of options besides the boot. Either it startled the IDIOT in the car or they're a homicidal maniac. I don't know, don't know them. Fact is, had the HD reacted the way I did allot of innocent people wouldn't have got hurt. Then to drive off leaving the carnage you had a hand in without stopping to help pretty much gets you this months douche bag award.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think if the hit and run ever became a legal issue for the rider he could legitimately argue he didn't stop because he feared for his safety. Seriously why is he required to return to a person who a minute ago just tried to kill him? and now may be even more pissed off?

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I think if the hit and run ever became a legal issue for the rider he could legitimately argue he didn't stop because he feared for his safety. Seriously why is he required to return to a person who a minute ago just tried to kill him? and now may be even more pissed off?
WTF, you mean the person you just tried to kill by startling them into a crash. I doubt seriously fear of his life would have made a good defense when he was the initial aggressor. If you are in fear of your life in that situation you pull into a crowded parking lot and call the police or drive to the Police station to report it, did he do any of these? No, he's a piece of shit that gives all bikers a bad rap.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Something about this video that they dont show (creative editing?). What happened to provoke the biker that we didnt see? I cant imagine he was just being a dick, but maybe. My guess is that the car switched into the HOV lane without looking (which lets be honest, that shit happens daily) and almost hit the biker. Im not condoning the riders reaction, but I cannot in good conscious say that I have never wanted to do that to some ass hat that almost killed me, but I have restraint so I dont do that. That being said, he shoudl have stopped, bt maybe he did and the video is just edited to make it look like he didnt.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Something about this video that they dont show (creative editing?). What happened to provoke the biker that we didnt see? I cant imagine he was just being a dick, but maybe. My guess is that the car switched into the HOV lane without looking (which lets be honest, that shit happens daily) and almost hit the biker. Im not condoning the riders reaction, but I cannot in good conscious say that I have never wanted to do that to some ass hat that almost killed me, but I have restraint so I dont do that. That being said, he shoudl have stopped, bt maybe he did and the video is just edited to make it look like he didnt.
You should have read the story after watching the vid. Authorities are looking for the biker, who apparently didn't stick around or make a call. They are investigating it as a road rage hit and run. If it was edited it was sped up at the end cause it looked to me like the biker hit full throttle and was high tailing it out of there.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Admittedly I did not read the article, but that does not surprise me. HE did have a pretty big part in that wreck. Like Geeto said, kicking a car is more likely to hurt the rider than the car. So that guy was just an idiot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The car cuts the biker off in the HOV lane. Biker reacts by trying to pull up to the car to exchanges words. Car accelerates then brake checks biker. CAMERA STARTS ROLLING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
i don't see the point of trying to take an incident further at 60mph on the highway. car driver probably did what they did because they're not paying attention. we all know they do that. give them the horn, makes them aware you're there and they did something you didn't like and they'll react as they like. probably still don't give much of a shit.

hot headed idiot on bike and hot headed idiot in car and it's going to go tits up pretty quick somehow. add into that the uncertainty of the gun thing you guys have over there and there's no way i'd be hassling a driver who isn't paying attention and possibly doesn't give too much of a shit about you anyway.

incident > escalation > trip to hospital. in this case not for who'd you expect.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

This motorcyclist was caught knocking off mirrors, supposedly speeding at over 100 mph, and has pending charges of driving recklessly on a California highway. Unfortunately for him, his hooligan antics were caught by a CHP helicopter leading police units on the ground straight to his home.
Another dipshit that gives bikes a bad name and makes the case against lanesplitting.

Also, reminder: this is why you don't kick a car when on a bike:

or otherwise road rage:

seriously, if you are already on a bike you are superior to your caged brethren. Why stoop to their level?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Another dipshit that gives bikes a bad name and makes the case against lanesplitting.

Also, reminder: this is why you don't kick a car when on a bike:

or otherwise road rage:

seriously, if you are already on a bike you are superior to your caged brethren. Why stoop to their level?
He was probably on some forum where some internet tough guy was bragging about kicking someones door after being cutoff.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Guilty, I actually did kick a door. Stuck in traffic bumper to bumper, crawling in second gear. I'd been next to a big boat of a car in the lane to the right for a while. To the point I could have read the newspaper on his passenger seat.. He starts wandering left and I have no where to go. I hit the horn and yell and finally before he pushes me into the oncoming traffic I kicked his door. I thought he was having a stroke, turns out he was drunk. Yep the kick startled him and he bounced off the curb and started ranting some illegible gibberish while drooling like the slack jawed buffoon he was. The triumph is a real stable bike and I lived on in so no problem staying on two wheels. Grant it, it wasn't high speed but still. Only as a last resort outta options move.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Guilty, I actually did kick a door.
I'm sure we've all done it. I've done it too, that's how I know it's stupid. The faster we are going, the less physics is on our side.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts