Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the cover of american bike it has a red bike with a single side mount front fork a single mounted rear wheel and a side mounted engine.Different yes, cool not really.It just the bikes they build (CUSTOM BIKES that is) has grown to a scope of CNC machining.
I think its great they keep pushing boundries in design and in cnc machine abilities,but cool is not a word Id associate with them art is more like it .
The bike looks great all by itself, looking at it on a poster on the wall or as a feature in an artical.But soon as you stick a rider on it the bike almost always looks to small, to big, to stretch to low, to tall ...They look wrong with a driver on them...kind of kills the cool factor to me.
I went to a custom bike show and alot of the TV guys bikes were there and out of the hundreds of bikes I liked not on was one of theirs .A few friends and i walked around i found 15 bikes that stood out as cool just undeniable COOL they all had a handcrafted feel to there look ...and looked like they didnt cost a Gazillion dollars (for a machine with TWO wheels)
At least a Vintage Cafe Racer looks mechanical,is machanical,a cool bike even if you stick a rider on it it looks COOL.
May be its just me but I enjoy looking at these custom bikes but I real dont want one sitting in my garage waiting for me to take it out ,they dont call to be driven just looked at.
I HAVE NEVER seen a vintage racer that didnt make be want to jump on and blast down the road NEVER!Or collect them and smuggly covet them in my garage.I just cant say that about the current style of custom bikes .

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Edited by - LiLBull on Mar 24 2007 09:00:06 AM

Edited by - LiLBull on Mar 24 2007 09:02:35 AM

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ehhh what is that behind the tool box a 350 or 450???? see how whats in the back ground matters its an old ebay trick have absolutely nothing in the back ground or us idiots come out of the wood work asking about beer and handle barless bikes and everything else off topic....looks good so far ...really man what is that behind the tool box...really..?

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Id have to agree with the chopper,bobber cafe racer as being appealing, in the garage built sence.The fact you can get on and ride what your mind and hands has created is really THE DRIVING factor of it all.
I remember putting so much energy and detail and imagination into a custom car scale model one day ,after years of building them.And realizing that after all my efforts it wasnt going to go down the street and i couldnt ever ride it .I hung up scale model building and found an old Bugeye austin healey sprite when i was 16 ,and rebuilt and drove it and never looked back at model building and moved onto what ever was cool to build in my garage or basement or carport , something anything i could build modify and drive down the road. hey not every one has good taste, but everyone that trys and gets the thing back on the road deserves my respect be it Cafe ,bobber or chopper..and does it in thier style without spending dump trucks loaded with money at it .

Its the barrett jacksons and the high end chopper and custom rod craze that yanks slaps and jerks the fun out of the hands of the creative so they have to look in other directions for a creative outlet.

I love looking at anyones homemade mechanical ride just because I ussually find a new idea or twist on an old idea .
Its all good!

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
WHAT...WHAAAATTT do I see on 97% of these bikes ...CLUBMAN styled bars.....uhmmmmmm.

Even though I have seen these bikes I have to say Geetos brain should be in the library of congress.The stuff this man has in his head about bikes ,is simple staggering.

And not only are those pipes pretty that bike is brought up to a piece of high art..good job..nice bike!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.