Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so some of you may know im helping a guy i met at midohio build a cb350 racer to run with us. were hoping to have it done for vir. heres a few pics of the beginings of the project. the front end is mocked up, and ready to go. its cb750f with gt550 forks, and gt brake with a cb350 stem. the steering damper bracket we also made this weekend and attached that. the frame is pretty much detabbed and shaved. yeah, we got a ways to go, but its getting there! drum brake heads to buchanons this week, it went back to the blaster today, and next week we'll have it welded up then start reassembly. the motor is ripped down and ready t be reassembled. more updates as things get photod

i dont know shit

Edited by - joe c on Feb 04 2008 6:33:27 PM

Edited by - joe c on Feb 11 2008 7:10:33 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
shit, guess i gotta shrink those images, or something. damned free pages.

ok....

jc

i dont know shit

Edited by - joe c on Feb 04 2008 4:40:21 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it'll have clipons if jeremy ever sends them.

maybe mill the clamps off for the bars.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think we have a buyer for it, and then geeto gets dibs.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres the frame blasted ready for seam welding. then its on to paint.

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bottom end is done, motors painted. laquered the swing arm today too, hey unga, precat nitro is impervious to race gas!!!

i dont know shit

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I need one too, but I was going to make my own. How hard could it be, really? I'll post pics if I ever get off my ass & do it (yes I realize I'm breaking my own pic teasing rule,).

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I need one too, but I was going to make my own. How hard could it be, really? I'll post pics if I ever get off my ass & do it (yes I realize I'm breaking my own pic teasing rule,).

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tex, i made it and ill make one up for ya. jesus, maybe ill make a few of them. bucky wants one, bill does, now you. maybe make up 5 or 6 and take em to vir and summit. they are great for doing top ends. rob, i thought you worked for the stairbuiding plac. or maybe its parker. i cant remember. precatalyzed nitrocellulose laquer.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tex, i made it and ill make one up for ya. jesus, maybe ill make a few of them. bucky wants one, bill does, now you. maybe make up 5 or 6 and take em to vir and summit. they are great for doing top ends. rob, i thought you worked for the stairbuiding plac. or maybe its parker. i cant remember. precatalyzed nitrocellulose laquer.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
Nope. I sit behind a computer all day for work.
But I am redoing my kitchen. I should talk to you about that at VIR...

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
Nope. I sit behind a computer all day for work.
But I am redoing my kitchen. I should talk to you about that at VIR...

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
frames tig'd and ready for paint this afternoon!

i dont know shit

1 - 20 of 54 Posts