Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
also, i noticed the frame had already had the seams welded under the top motor mount section. the area where the top motor mount bolts had the seam underneath welded. hmmm.....

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
shot up with laquer.

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thats funny. how about this, i take it out and have it enameled for real?? nice thing is, if he wants to weld braces to it, a rag with some thinner will take it right off!

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
oh yeah, we left the sidecover tabs because hes going to run them.

;)

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
never ask me to weld anything that has to look nice. i was always under the assumption anyone can be a decent welder as long as they have a good grinder. doh!

its always easier to weld on shit after you paint, right??

front end is on and rebuilt. rearsets set. frame touched up, steerin stab bolted.

the cyls should be in on tuesday. the brake will hopefully be back in the next week. one night to finish the motor, and another day for front wheel setup and spacer making. we cleaned up an old seat, thanks again scott wall, your body work lives on! and the forks have been rebuilt. the brake has been pulled apart and cleaned and reassembled. its gettin there! we should be done for vir.

woohoo!

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ill bring em to vir. or i can mail em up. i have no use for them as they dont go with my color scheme anymore. and obviously, i have several!! chris should have those pieps on tuesday according to my ups thinger.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
joe-

thanks. VIR is soon enough for the bars, thanks, i'll take whatever you can spare. and thanks for getting the pipes out.

-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
motors done. need to do the valve train still. ill try and click pics tomorrow.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
at this point im worried about getting my own shit done!! so donovan, which races you gonna make it down for??

jc

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If I didn't know better I'd swear that's a couple of Todd Henning Piston boxes. Right next to the Megacycle cam.

And you know you're going to be wondering where the hell you put your hammer. It was right here...

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Damned, you fgured it out. I thought if honda could make crank weights and frames from wood, I could make a cam! I knew some smart ass was going to comment on that. Hey craig, so, have you decided if youre going to make it down for any wera events. Come on, were all slow....:D

And those are crappy henning pistons, they are hrc/cyb/yosh pistons. Learn your wrappers!

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
cool! cant wait to see you there. i think you kick a few asses there. its a fun technical track.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
motors in. shocks are on. is this what they mean by rolling chasis??

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
motors in. front end is on. clips on. tach on. wired. front wheel will be in tomorrow. rear wheel should be on by weekends end. last of the rearset parts we need will be in tomorrow. tires should be in soon. its gonna be close but it should be done! time to start safety wiring!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts