Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
yeah, and that was after 2 big stream crossings. there was some seriously deep mud in places. like nothing i have ever seen. reminded me of that scene in long way around when they are stuck in that bog.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
just waiting for tires. then we can get the front brake sorted. some old body work. and old seat. we should be firing it up this weekend. most everything is safety wired.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
tires are on. front brake is on. got the lathe across the hall up and running and made some bits yesterday. tried to fire it up last night, no go. one of the stock coil wires pulled clean out! it runs on one cyl though. and pretty strong!! so were searching for some stock coils for it around the shop. maybe tonight itll get crankin.

j

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
the new guy. bill. hes bj on the board here. its a scrap bin racer. well, thats a little far. he bought the bike. we did the motor with a slipper and .025 pistons. later cam and head. detabbed and welded the frame. then painted it. gt750 front drum, gt55 forks, cb750 trees. avons. new bearings. raask rears from my spares boxes. my old 2-1 delux pipe. barnett clutch. hes taking the school on saturday at vir. he wont be racing with us til summit. but he'll get the squid race. (poor guy). we're still working the bugs out. those old coils suck ass. ug. we got it to fire up, but it wasnt real pretty. we pulled the coils, and one of the coil wires pretty much just fell out. so were scrambling for some stock coils now. but they are around.

j

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

...so were scrambling for some stock coils now. but they are around.
j
I have two sets of stock coils (as I am sure everybody else does as well). There yours if you need them. I can overnight and send out tomorrow. Just email me off line if you need them, you have the email.

Pete

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
thanks pete, but we'll come up with something! keep those spares, you never know when youre going to need them. i gave all of mine away an never rebuilt the collection.

j

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
So what's the verdict on the 550 front end?

I have that 72 that's gonna go to free up space and cash for other projects. Trying to decide If I sell the forks seperately(have another disc brake frontend) or if I keep them for if I ever do a racebike.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
great. he likes it. if youre talking about the brake/forks. we have them on 750 trees, and it seems good. i havent ridden the bike really, but bill seems to like it. it took 2 small axle spacers and 2 small stay spacers to get it to work with those trees. but its good. we're of course still working out the fine tuning, but its seems good i guess.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
from mark morrow!

BTW- Went down to the bleachers in t5 to watch the "formula cb350" race. Looked like a LOT of fun!! I had a hard time telling who was 350gp and who was v2, but Tex and Bucky sure had a good battle. Tex looked like he was just chillin for the first couple of laps, languishing at the back of the main group of riders. about halfway through the race, he started coming through the pack, caught Bucky and then they diced for the rest of the race. Not sure what the position was, but they were defintely going at it!! Also, big props to the guy in the orange shirt. He rode quite well and by the end of the race had passed more than a couple of the bikes in front of him. Way to go, newbie!! Met Videojack in the pits and he gave me some help trying to figure a way to coax a little more fule through my stock petcock. Cool group of guys!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
tex is he man and i'm in love with him.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts