Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just came across this CD175 on ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250931149673

i restored it in 1988, i bought it from the original owner that was a retired school teacher in my home town (, the bike had been laid in a damp shed since his retirement many years earlier, when i bought it off him (£50) he told me to take it back to show him after the restoration, i returned 6 months later with the bike looking better than new only to find that he had died the day before, his wife and son burst into tears when they saw it..
i recognised the licence plate straight away and just confirmed it with some old photos i kept.. thing is, do i buy it back for nostalgic reasons? i wont pay the starting price but i may make him an offer if it doesnt sell on ebay.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Tony, you had a cd175 earlier this year, did you like it then? Does this cd175 have the magic property of raising the dead? Is this a memory you want to relive constantly? If you answer yes to any of these questions buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Tony, you had a cd175 earlier this year, did you like it then? Does this cd175 have the magic property of raising the dead? Is this a memory you want to relive constantly? If you answer yes to any of these questions buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres why id like to have it back Geeto, it was the 1st bike my son and i worked on together, it was the actual bike i taught my wife to ride on, my kids were kids, now they are 25, 24 & 30, so it holds lots of nice memories from me, would i enjoy riding it? i doubt it, id have it sat in my office to be honest.
heres the bike with my kids in 1989.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres why id like to have it back Geeto, it was the 1st bike my son and i worked on together, it was the actual bike i taught my wife to ride on, my kids were kids, now they are 25, 24 & 30, so it holds lots of nice memories from me, would i enjoy riding it? i doubt it, id have it sat in my office to be honest.
heres the bike with my kids in 1989.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Then buy it back. It sounds like something you really want back. I think it's great, there are a lot of memories in it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Then buy it back. It sounds like something you really want back. I think it's great, there are a lot of memories in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts