Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently some cashed up football player in Oz paid them to make it for him.

Which probably goes to show that there might be some truth in that repetitive concussion thing....or that being a cashed up footballer in the first place just makes you stupid....

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I thought they already made a few.

Personally I LOVE the design

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I like the look. Looks like your riding the intake from an F-4 phantom or something.

Are they going to use some Chinese power plant? They don't specify the power plant.

And yes I played football

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They say it's a 650cc watercooled parallel twin, so I'm guessing it's a Versys or EX / ER650. They're a learner bike over here so there's a gazillion of them that have been rammed up the back of cars to use as donors.

Sorry to hear you played football....:cool:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I know I've taken the beating with the pigskin but I like them.

The Lotus looks clean, carbon fiber precision and the back part of a Formula One car with wheels. But the other has that brushed metal look. I can't tell if they're rivets or hex fasteners but either way it lends itself to that earlier aircraft look. I wonder what the Sovereignty one will go for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read on article on that build a while back. I was toying with the idea of taking a wrecked XR1200 I have in the garage, and swapping the parts into a frame to match the Lotus. After I saw someone else had already done it I lost interest.
I remember seeing a picture of what they did to their frame to get the steering head extended. Looked like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Here's one of the original articles on the 'copy'- Smoked Garage Lotus C0-1 Bronco ~ Return of the Cafe Racers

The lotus frame looks fairly well designed-
4.jpg

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Putting an air cooled engine inside a Lotus style body is a recipe for seizure.....or fire....or both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts