Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 BMW R100R, and I am really wanting to make it into a cafe, and is there anybody on here who has done a BMW cafe?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Give it a Wilbers treatment, like shock and forksprings. Then a nice Wüdo seat and call it a day. Maybe a Siebenrock 1070 kit on top.
Don't hack it up, you own tomorrows classic.

Chris

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i'd say don't hack up the frame. anything i did, i would want to be able to reverse....so i'd keep any stock part that you take off and put it in a box on a high shelf in the garage.

do a little research on this site, and online and i'm sure you will find the inspiration you desire.

welcome to the site....thanks for filling out your profile!

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did heavy modifications on my 1978 R100s back in the early 80s. 40 mm Dellorto pumper carbs with custom intake, 2 into 1 exhaust, shocks and fork mods, an Avon Lynx fairing color matched to the Red Smoke Metallic factory paint, lightened and balanced flywheel, clip-ons....probably more but some of the details are fading. This is the only photo I can find...which does not show the Marzocchi rear shocks which went on not long after this was taken. I kind of wish I still had it.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did heavy modifications on my 1978 R100s back in the early 80s. 40 mm Dellorto pumper carbs with custom intake, 2 into 1 exhaust, shocks and fork mods, an Avon Lynx fairing color matched to the Red Smoke Metallic factory paint, lightened and balanced flywheel, clip-ons....probably more but some of the details are fading. This is the only photo I can find...which does not show the Marzocchi rear shocks which went on not long after this was taken. I kind of wish I still had it.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts