Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the BMW is now done. Just need to synch. the carbs. Here are a few pictures. Now on to the wankermobile.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Looks good. Interesting paint, should get some attention in the BMW community. Here are my observations, so take it for what it's worth( which isn't much);
Your left horn is backwards : )
Not sure if I'm liking the white airbox and snorkels.
The stainless Epco mufflers and chromed rear shocks don't really follow the blacked out look of the rest of the bike.
Don't see many bikes with the emmission tubes still in place. Ditch em, K100 oil drain plug is the same size threads for the head holes.
Also are those OEM brake lines or rubber coated steel braided. Huge difference.
Rearsets.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
yeah with ya Jam....... love boxers and it begs for much more black

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jam: All good ideas. I like the white contrast, but next year I plan on ditching the airbox altogther and going with some bullet filters with Del-O pumper carbs. This year was just sorta a "lets see what it looks like" year.

horn - Funny, the horns must have been on the bike lite that when I bought it a few years ago. I never really thought about it....shit you miss when its right under your nose. I'll fix it tonight.

Eddie V's bike is on the stand and work has commenced. It should be ready for Summit.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
color clashes with your 4 wheeler. and taco emblems would be even better than ducatis. and where's the wanker sticker gunna land?
-parks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Pete, good on you for finishing before riding season. I suspect most of use have projects that have made some progress but are farther out than a carb synch. cheers, bcr

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the same horns on the KZ1000 I just bought. Holy sh!t are they loud. Louder than any of my cars or trucks. Yes they are ugly but they wil sure get peoples attention. I am thinking about hiding them behind the side covers. Not like it is going to cover up the sound. Killer BMW.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Pete
I had the same horns on my /6 and they would pop a fuse if you held the button too long. Like when somebody pulls out and forces you into the next lane. As you're on the way to the inspection station. "honestly, it worked about 5 minutes ago"
Maybe an inline fuse or a relay since it was only designed to take 1 horn. Not long after that I started carrying a complete set of bulbs and fuses.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Pete,

I own a couple of Beemers -- a 76 R90/6 and an 88 R100RS. Yours looks like an '81 to '84 R100? First time I've ever seen Commando-style peashooters on a BMW. Did you have any fitment issues getting those pipes on?

Best,

Michael

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's a picture of my /5, kind of the same idea but more of a 1970 Sport Tourer than a caferacer.

It's still perfectly reliable and goes on weekend trips a few times a year. Unfortunately the drum brakes aren't up to the demands of todays traffic, but they look right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts