Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
You get a spanking for not posting a good enough picture for anyone to tell if it has stock BMW controls.......... I think it does because I do not see a master cylinder.......

so assuming it does...... the stock handlebar controls on that bike are 22mm which is indeed 0.009" smaller than standard 7/8" bars

which means......... most 7/8" bars won't work so if you were a true knot headed typical BMW type

you'd go pay the long dollar for some 22mm clubmans

however....... we are only talking 0.009" and if you have the nads to ask whomever is selling clubmans to go thru and measure those which they have with a pair of calipers....

you will find that some 7/8" bars do sometimes fall under spec enough to allow you to sneak the 22mm controls in place

short of that....... I think I have some in my semi trailer which is packed full of mostly pre-70 BMW stuff

but, not sure I have any that are perfectly straight or are as new in appearance

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
why sure!

turn the bars away from the camera and move further away!

most helpful

I'll assume neither of these are yours.

Do you have a R90/6?

Personally I think the stock magura controls for them stink. Too many better to be had.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The silver bike has clubmans. Definitely not stock on any BMW. Mastercyl is under the tank on the airheads up to 1979 I believe which then relocated them to the bars.

The black bike's bars looks what appears to be Euro BMW bars.

"S" bars or RS bars are plenty low enough and narrow (Esp the RS) for the street and allow you to retain you stock headlight mounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts