Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jam? Are the guy racing the BMW? I am horrible putting faces/real names to these Caferacer.net handles. Anyway, I am looking for good, but reasonable price, after market front brake rotors for my 1984 R100RS. The rotors are 260mm/10.23 diameter, using a Brembo 2 piston caliper. Anyone got suggestions. I am curious to hear what folks use, especially if they race disc brake BMWs. Note: BMW forum I am on, everyone just says buy the OEM aftermarkets, which I am considering.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by bfd

I may be taking applications at the track school in April
yeah, you will likely find a better monkey then me. I will be attempting to actually turn a few laps at Summit Point this year, so I am skippin' the track day in April.

I also just found that Ferodo makes a conversion kit to floating rotors for the BMW airhead as well. One is on ebay for 195 dollars. I think I will still hunt around. I am a cheapskate, which I admit is a stupied thing to be when discussing brake components.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I didn't race the BMW much last season so it was mostly MIA. 2008 hopefully will be different...back in black.
Yeah, OEM is fine. I've got an 83R100 that stops well enough for the street. Those Brembos are light years ahead of the ATE calipers. I really can't give you any advice other than what BFD says.

Go for a cast iron rotor if you can. I think you could replace the fork assembly with a K75S unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts