Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Haven't seen that one before. Nice piece of work. I'd like to see that one up close. I see he's running a V rated front tire. V rated are 130mph tires so if he's running with the SCTA he his class record isn't over 130.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
quote:Originally posted by ROSKO

Beth,
How about this one??

305 deluxe! I guess if you can think it up; someone will (or already has) done it

Now I really want to go to Bonneville!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Now that you found you racer (and f you do buy one of those and set a record, don't tell any car racers. They'ii kill you. They spend that much on spark plugs for a week end.) heres a place, apart from Maxton, to race it. The ex-Loring Air Force base. Looks interesting. Don't ask me how far from you it is. I live in a county that you can drive east for three hours and still be in it. http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/49551.html_

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ROSKO

Geet,
don't I already have like 10 of those?
how many run? If you have a runner I can buy off you cheap I am totally game.

I just spoke to turbo Bobby and I already have a turbo, head pipe, and carb. I have lightweight wheels at my house.

Are you going to bike night tonight? if so I have the bodywork hammers and can bring them with me. we will talk then.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
That's funny - I grew up near Loring AFB in a city called Caribou. My mother and one brother still lives there and the thought of taking one of my cb750's for a speed run down the runway would be a blast. I don't think I'd break any speed records but the party afterwards would be reward enough. From Boston its a little over 400 miles to Caribou. Up there you'll find lots of snowmobile motorheads. We Maine'rds take our sleding seriously. It's about time they do something with that base.

BTW - there use to be a circle track just outside the base gate that we use to go to. Since the main industry up there is potato farming, the name of the track was - Spud Speedway...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
neat but raked out too far, it might have to run in altered with that wheelbase. otherwise that is a stock frame, you could just get another stock frame and rebuild the bike on that.

I supposed if you really wanted you could put it back to stock rake but once it has been cut it is weak and too many mods is not a good idea. Plus b-ville is bumpy and full of ruts.

Lots of nice parts on that mill. is anybody close to that so if I pulled the trigger they could hold it for me?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts