Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got sick of messing with my points every time I went to ride so I coughed up the dough and called Bill at Bore Tech and ordered his electronic ignition for my 69 CB350.

Props to Bill, it came a day later in a nicely packaged box. The instructions were very detailed,,,Barney style. I went step by step and about an hour later had it all set up and ready to go. The kit comes with everything you need except for a little blue locktite that most of us have in the work bench.

I must say that my bike has never idled this good before and there is no hesitation down low. I kept thinking it was the jetting in my carbs but crack the throttle now and it screams to life. I'm really happy with this setup. Love how the timing light is dead steady and doesn't bounce around like before. I feel like the bike is much more responsive and I'm a little more assured of its reliability. I know the price is a little on the high side, considering you can buy a bike for as much as these go for, but after pouring hundreds and hundreds into the motor to build a street/race bike, it is just the icing on the cake.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
good write up.....and congrats!

big ups to bill at boretech too!

tex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts