Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to have some fun in the snow..:D

1979 honda XL185, 1 owner from new, under 6,000 miles, totally original and superb bike.
£600 , go to be worth double that here in UK,

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it home and went straight out in the snow, great fun but hell im not 18 anymore and it shows lol, cant (darent) do half the stunts i used to do [:I]
lovely little trailie tho..

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it home and went straight out in the snow, great fun but hell im not 18 anymore and it shows lol, cant (darent) do half the stunts i used to do [:I]
lovely little trailie tho..

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Those enduro tires will hold a shitload of screws, don't know if you have trails or ice near you, but you can put a bunch of ice screws, or even sheet metal screws in those tires and have a lot more fun.
Then take 'em back out in the spring and the tires won't be any worse, in fact they may have better grip. # 8 screws, 1/2" long, about 1,000 of 'em will be a good start.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Those enduro tires will hold a shitload of screws, don't know if you have trails or ice near you, but you can put a bunch of ice screws, or even sheet metal screws in those tires and have a lot more fun.
Then take 'em back out in the spring and the tires won't be any worse, in fact they may have better grip. # 8 screws, 1/2" long, about 1,000 of 'em will be a good start.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I raced a modified one of those in Enduro's around 1979.
Actually got a second place in Open Class at one event (entered on 400 Yamaha but sold it few days before event then broke my other bike so had nothing else to ride)
Pretty indestructible motor.
It was still running 5+ yrs after I sold it to a farmer who beat the hell out of it around his fields and severely neglected it.
Probably still running somewhere around Stratford-on-Avon 30yrs later :D

PJ

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I raced a modified one of those in Enduro's around 1979.
Actually got a second place in Open Class at one event (entered on 400 Yamaha but sold it few days before event then broke my other bike so had nothing else to ride)
Pretty indestructible motor.
It was still running 5+ yrs after I sold it to a farmer who beat the hell out of it around his fields and severely neglected it.
Probably still running somewhere around Stratford-on-Avon 30yrs later :D

PJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts