Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
As a guy who is involved in highway construction, any secret agenda to build a super highway, would have to go thru a very public review process in the USA and Canada before any shovel hits the dirt. This is the first I have ever heard of this idea, but I will start folding my money just to keep on top of it :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
well its already started in texas via emanant domain.You for get this Government has been owned by the super rich for a long time now.
So secret (the public doesnt know) but the people of texas know the have lost there farms and land with no voice as the government has quelched and news about it .Just look and you will find its already almost finnished.

and I rest my case....just start looking 2012 has many mnay areas and topics of concern,

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Bull,

I never would have pegged you for a member of the tin-foil hat brigade.....

...but now that I think about it, it makes sense....

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
There's nothing tin-foil-hat about it. Many big businesses have been pushing for this for a while. Going to run right up the middle of the country.

Real freakin' bad idea in my book.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
The Amero is a spoof. Even the freakin guy that designed it said so. He did it as a lark on put it on his website and the late night AM radio guys picked it up and ran with it. The guy sells them as novelties.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp

Here's the website of the guy that designed and sells the "Amero"

http://www.designscomputed.com/

However...I do agree that our government is selling our soveriegnty as fast as they possibly can to the highest bidders. I'll be dead before it happens...but I can promise a lot of you here will be paying a "world tax" to the UN before you die.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Trans Texas Corridor is the southernmost portion of the USA segment of the NAFTA superhighway. One of the sites they are considering will run right over the farm I live on. This thing is real. It will allow ships to unload in Mexico and ship straight to Kansas before hitting US soil, bypassing all of those evil longshoreman's unions.

http://www.keeptexasmoving.com/index.php/trans-texas_corridor

Sorry to make my first post so un-bike-ular. I have an old RD350 that will be going in the projetc sction if I ever get it started.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
for the record it was the whole Myan calendar 2012 end of the world garbage bull was spewing that I thought was bunk...a north south running superhighway by itself really doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nope no aluminium hats for me.I have open mind and very clear vision.
Things have felt so wrong the past few years ....gangsters in expensive cars,bad people getting ahead,getting away with corporate stealling of emplyees lif savings.steal property under eminant domain just to serve the rich .Taxes,income tax,war ,poverty rampant.
The US has,enough money resources,,,,but homeless are every where by the thousands,good people have no money,cant buy a house,can't afford college,cant save,cant be old ,medical costs going up quicker then oil.No cures of any kind..EVER! just pills that require more pills so you and you savings are introviniously attached to the big drug companys.Doctors owned my the medical board that is owned and lobied by the same people that make the drugs.
You cant go any where with out finding trash in the woods ,unsafe drinking and swimming water....cost go up income and pay get cut and cut and wait its xmas is lay off time or you hav eto take another cut.
Its WRONG its ALL WRONG....the only thing to wait for is global changes in the earth enviroment and in awareness we are one small planet in a bazillion planets.And if you think people that have tin foil on the heads are alone and out there.
Well people that think that way will soon see the next four years is going to be so fast so life changing on every level.
People will be looking for tin foil to put on their heads too.

If you have family and loved ones you car about and think about any kind of future....and Im not talking ten years from now ....I m talking 2 -3 years from now...

Go to you tube look up som eof these tinfoil head topics dont think with your mind feel it see if it sounds right to you as an individual ,think for yourself...and just absorbs whats REALLY GOING ON ....

and just as a side not the euro is not a myth or hoax its a real Idea that will happen with the super highway......it has to if we are trading with mexico and canada we cant afoord (the rich cant afford) exchange rates its to unstable and time consuming.
Besides most of the product on this highway will be from china anyway.....JUST LOOK on these subjects on google or youtube Mayan calender,new world order,illuminati,amero ,nafta,crop circles,ufos.
and you will see each subject ends up in the same point of origin.
and 2012.

OK so now back to cafe bikes .just seems alittle silly compared to whats going on.Ill just get on my bike twist the throttle and think about a new foil hat.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i think they have aluminium helmets.
-parks
ps the chinese are about to be bummin (more than us)...one child (policy) will soon be supporting four sick/old parents, a grand parent or three, and one child. they won't be able to afford aluminium foil. you do the math.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Actually, when you make a dispassionate examination of the data. Guess what, the world has gotten better every decade since we've had records. Yes, every decade there are fewer deaths due to desease, famine, war, pestilence and violence. Yep...I said FEWER, NOT more. And that's the simple, boring truth of the world.
People that look for the bad will always find the bad, in more than enough quanity to support their own view of the world. But, the FACTS disagree.
Air and water quality is actually better now than it was in the 70's. The US has actually got 30% MORE forest land now than it had in the late 1700's.

So far I've lived through about three supposed "end of the world" dates, all went by with not so much as a ripple. And the naysayers always changed gears and said ohhh...nooo..it's next one that counts.

Never wise to get your information from late night AM radio, I listen to it almost every night for a laugh. 80% of what you hear is patently false and provably false with only the smallest amount of cursory research. What I find truly frightening is the number of people that believe this tripe. From UFO's, conspiracies, bigfoot, prophecies, witchcraft etc. The undereducated and disenfranchised masses flock to these topics. And there are those that profit from these fringe beliefs, just as they have for hundreds of years, selling the myths to those that choose to believe them. And they keep buying them no matter how many times they are proven wrong. Guy like Art Bell, a fine entertainer....has made millions off the suckers. The P.T. Barnum of the new age.

Anyone care to make a wager with me that we will still be chatting away here in four years, still vintage racing, still living our lives in the relatively uneventful, boring fashion that we do now?
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
JohnnyB,
I'll take ya up on it. If and when we ever meet I'll buy flip for a beer. Sometime this week, 2012 or beyond. Who knows? The good Lord Jesus said even he didn't know when the end was going to come. Frankly, I think were close, but what the f*ck do I know. And what does any of this have to do with Boyd Coddington anyway? And I'm not going to let the Mayan calendar stop me from trying to do my shit. Christ, my heart could stop beating before I finish this post . I've got my own procrastination to worry about.

BTW. Hi 40's, low 50's in Jersey today, and went out for a blast on the Triumph. Felt good.
Boyd Coddington's dead, and I'm not. As far as I'm concerned, on 3/2/2008, NAFTA, clubman bars, and what ever else people are worried about not with standing; that's about as good as it gets.

Cheers- Leo

P.S.- Not that I'm not worried about this Superhighway thing, cause I am.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Leo...I think you have me backwards.... I think we'll be here for a long boring time. I'll have that beer with you in 2022...and I bet it will be better beer than we have now :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
JB- Do you mean that after NAFTA is fully manifested beer will still have a born on date? And if you think beer will be better in 2022, from your mouth to God's ear, cause the one's I had today where pretty good.

Cheers- Leo

21 - 40 of 44 Posts