Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For supersport rules, I can change wheel diameter and still be legal. However I can't change disk size or material. I am going to run Honda CBR wheels on the FZ600 and the disks need to be reduced in diameter from 276mm to 269 mm. What is the best way to accomplish this? Lathe I would assume. The other problem is that the disks are farther apart on the CBR wheel so I will need to thin the mounting bosses on the caliper to move them out. I assume a mill would do the job there. I have not made the measurements on the two sets of wheels yet but from memory I think I would want to be removing about 4 mm from the caliper. I would prefer to make all my mods on the disks and calipers if possible.
Can anybody help me out with this if I get the measurements and send them the parts?

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Ken,
My oldest brother is semi-retired and has a mill and lathe. If I can catch him in the right mood, he'll do it. The center hole of the discs is probably too small to chuck on. Will probably have to make a mandrel. You're going to use the FZ calipers? I'll have him look at mine. Taking 4mm off the mounting pads won't be a big deal, here again once he figures out how to fixture them.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ratty,
Sounds good. I'll know more in a couple of weeks when I get back to my bikes and wheels.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts