Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a pinch is there a good way to re-attach a pad to a shoe if it came off?

JB weld? Epoxy? Drill and screws?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Epoxy would probably work...but it would have to be in a pinch. JB weld too. Shoes get really hot...I don't know how the various adhevsives would work. I know JB weld stands up to some very high temps.
Of course clean both surfaces extremely well.

If it's your Giro bike...take a shot, you've hopefully still got another brake. If it's anything else I wouldn't chance it.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, its giro. one of the pads fell off today. camelhairy says he has a brandy new set for me, though. front brake. Back brake is better, works great, but i'd rather have both. I'll give em alla shot and report on the results on the way home.

PS. I know someone in portland who bought Ruffo's mt125.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
phinney, didnt you super glue yours on for vir??? i dont know why i remember that. that was after your bike caught fire right?

jc

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TWO-SMOKE! ! ! ! !

Yammy YL1E 100cc

(It was free)

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the shoe pad came off the shoe , that could be dangerous, the pad can roll inside and break into pieces ....

I would take it to the placr that refurbished the shoes ( if that ever happened) and if bought new, those should get warranty replaced.

Probably you got them refurbished , whomever did it did not do a proper job, I never heard about that case. I am sure they will fix them up, they can stick the pad to the shoe , they have the means to do so.

Good luck.

Cafe racer DOHC CB750F

http://cardomain.com/id/jaimesix

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still have it, it needs to have the charging system checked out, I have to find out how. (Gilera)

Believe it or not, the shop up in Topsham had new shoes . .. for this 1967! ! !

S i am all good to go.

thanks

s

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
My 106 Gilera doesn't have a charging system.

I love that little bike...like a four stroke chainsaw. Can't believe the way it held up to the beating it took at the last Giro.

Great little bikes.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, I love it . . . but it has one of those weird charging systems that i think has to be magnetized. I'll figure it out eventually . . . then i can't selll it to you. I need someone who knows those systems. The regulator is OK, etc.

Maybe I just need to change it over to a different system. If that's possible.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
That's what I was going to suggest...find something else that will work on it. There is also places that will rework your shit to more modern specs.

The Dellorto on my 106 was a nightmare...I gave up on it and replaced it with a 20mm Keihin...freakin starts first kick, runs like a champ and I never even had to change jets. Major difference in ridability.

I'm impressed by the Gileras, very, very nice quality for an inexpensive Italian bike.
JohnnyB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts