Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you say?

Well the damn thing wasnt listening to me. If i put it on correctly it is too loose, can still be easily rotated with hand. So i try to tighten one more turn. The damn thing makes it almost all the way, but i have to get the wrench out for the last half turn and then pop, i break it off right at the nut/body part. Am i missing something obvious here? Shouldn't it end in the correct position with just a small twist from the wrench? Also, anyone got a petcock for a 76CB500T or similar? Thanks you fucktards.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ON my 350 both the tank has a threaded bung (huhhuh) as well as threads on the petcock (huhhuh) body and a collar that matches up with both thread patterns. between the two you thik that you should be able to get it tight/in the correct location. that being said mine is not incredibly tight, i can rotate it by hand. But But, if you are forming an effective seal, and it is not going to rattle off and snug, i'd say ride on. like a friend said "tight is tight, and broke is broke". a little farmer wisdow for ya. hope that helps, fucktard (huhhuh).

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I don't know what bikes you're talking about, but on my cb350 & cb360, the threaded part of the petcock spins around the lower part, so you can position it how you like & tighten it up with a wrench. Perhaps yours is stuck together?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both of you are correct. petcock has a thimble of sorts that connects it to tank. I didnt know, overtightened and broke it off. Are these petcocks gravity or vacuum. my money is on gravity, but i guess it could have been a bad petcock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts