Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive seen a few bikes with these really nice set of Brooks Bicycle Handle Bar grips. So i figured Id buy myself a pair and see if i could make it work. Well as i expected the right one doesn't fit over the throttle tube. I cant figure out how those other guys got them on. boring or drilling the the center of the grips out, isn't an option because there is not enough material and the grip would fall apart. Ive tried stretching it but did not have great success with that. Its a 1978 Suzuki GS1000. Any creative ideas?? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Looks like leather wrap on custom tubes?
Maybe you need a set of 7/8" and a set of 1"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crazypj is right. At least, that is what I did. Do not try to modify the 7/8" to fit on a throttle tube.
Good news is that if you buy two pairs --a 7/8" and a 1" , you can easily sell the remaining tubes.
Other two possibilities are use of a an internal throttle or using a 1"pair and using a dummy sleeve on the left side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. If guys are suggesting a 1" pair of the brooks grips. Thats not a possiblity, they only come in 7/8". And an internal throttle seems a little pricey. Do I have any other options?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts