Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passing this along:

From Bruce Meyers, [email protected] 603-387-8193:
On Saturday night, August 16, my truck was stolen from the underground parking lot of my hotel in Mt. Tremblant. In it were my 748RS and my vintage TT2 Ducatis, plus all my riding gear and some spare parts. I am here in Mont Tremblant hosting track days on Monday and Tuesday.

My bikes are very unique. Both have my race number (545). The RS is black and white checkerboard paint scheme. The TT2 is yellow and red vintage TT paint scheme. These bikes are very rare and it will be hard for a thief to move them without creating some notice, whether complete bikes or as parts. I am asking that anyone who might see RS or TT parts start to appear for sale on the internet or elsewhere, please contact me asap. My mobile number is 603-387-8193. Appreciate everyone helping.

Spare parts included Corse 17 inch and 16.5 inch mag wheels for RS.

Best regards and thank you for your help.

Bruce Meyers

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
For 20 years Montreal and the surrounding area have been the motorcycle theft capital of north america. They used to give out warnings about bike and car theft during the F1 race. For some reason dumping stolen bikes is way easier in Canada than the US, not sure why. I guess they steal them and load them right on containers at the local ports and away they go.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
39 Posts
That bike on the VRRA forum looks pretty sweet, and it's a giveaway price, especially with a spare motor.

Bruce's TT2 has the "traditional" paint job- very similar to this:
http://www.ducati-tt.de/13Bilder_privatracer/MD_02-05_s2.JPG
Only his bike was reversed, with the frame and fairing in yellow and the trim done in red. Fiberglass tank with clear sight-window. F1 fairing instead of the traditional TT2 fairing (the tall-rider option). I'm sure I've got a pic somewhere at home I can post. . .

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I read in one of the Brit classic bike mags, that the demand for vintage bikes and racebikes on the blackmarket is significantly increasing. Some poor guy from England had 19 vintage bikes stolen from his collection last year.

Not to make light of a serious situation, but I'd almost pay someone to steal the wankermobile aka La Manzana Fea.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've heard that Canada is also famous for stealing snowmobiles. I guess they figure if they see plates from out of the country then you will not be around long to look for them. At some point these parts will start to show up somewhere (or complete bikes). Ebay Canada will be the most likely place where this stuff will start to show up.

You best bet is to post as much info and pictures of what you lost here - we are a large community of folks that are more than willing to help you recover your items.

Best luck and I hope the basters are caught...

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
posted this on vrra board.

did anyone put this up on wera board?

texy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Talked to Bruce yesterday on his way home. . .I guess the prevailing wisdom is that the truck is in a container on its way to the Balkans, and the bikes will just get sold around Montreal (remember the scene in Wall-E where he tosses the diamond ring in the trash heap and saves the box?). They'll wait until they figure the clueless Americans will have given up. . .not likely. . .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to read this. Please post last few digits of VIN if available, and I'll also post on Goergia and Florida motorcycles forums. U Never know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts