Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussing late BSAs the other day (in another CR.NET thread) revived my fascination with BSAs. The Norman Hyde website describes Harrier Classic kits as "available for Trident/Rocket3 models, Bonneville and A65." Now, I've seen plenty of 3-cylinder Harriers, and a couple of T140-based twins, but never a BSA 650. So my question is petty much what it says on the tin: Has anybody ever seen evidence of an A65 Harrier, in the press, online, or in the wild?

hyde-harrier-T140.png
Imagine this with an egg motor.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The physical engine dimensions of the Triumph and BSA motors are not very different and would fit the frame equally well. I used to have a flattrack frame that had been special ordered from Curtis Racing Frames with dual engine mounts. One set of mounts would accept a Triumph 650 or 750 motor and the other set would accept the BSA 500 and 650 motors.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To follow up, I got an e-mail from Norman Hyde...

We cannot remember ever making an A65 Harrier.
It is likely that the engine will physically fit as it is similar size & layout to a T120.
We would not have any engine plates but will help all we can.

I'm not sure how "we would not have any engine plates" jibes with "kits available...for A65," but I have a definitive answer.
Still something I'd like to do in one of the alternative realities where I have real money to spend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts