Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

anyway to swap different 5 speed british gearboxes (say other model bsa or triumph) into the b50 to replace the 4 speed?

i know a lot of british stuff can swap out. don't know if my question is possible.

tex

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
You can run a late model 5 speed triumph gear set in most of the 4 speed setups including the pre-units. You can not put a late model 5 speed in a any BSA gear box. You can weld on a pre-unit Triumph gear box to a B50 and then put a late model Triumph 5 speed in it. I think its much easier to probably just buy the close ratio gear(s) from E&V for a close ration 4 speed for the B50. Ed knows what he's doing and hes been extremely helpful with my BSA over the years and is pretty patient with dealing with someone learning stuff over the phone. I'm sure he probably wanted to hang up on me a few times but stepped me through a lot of stuff.

My new short stroke B50 is an E&V engineered motor and will hopefully be out by August.

Aaron
Tex- Give me your 30mm ceriani front end

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
tex, you give him that front end before i get my parts and i'll kill you.

p.s.

wet sumped my 650 over the weekend kicking oil through it.

pain in my ass.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Give me the front end. Do it do it.

Joe I'll have your shit for the Vintage celebration. That way you have to go.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is find one of my motors for Chikor.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aaron,

thanks for answering my post. so i don't tease you anymore, i don't have any 30mm ceriani forks, but i do know where there are some, new. email me what your budget might be, and i'll see if i can come under that number. i could probably deliver them to v.c. 5/20/05.

tex = [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts