Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
I lived in lower garden. Moved three times while I was down there. I lived on S. Claiborne by carrolton, Nashville by tchopitoulias, and St. Charles by Washington. My wife was from Mandeville (and 4 different cities in Texas, and OKC, and well all over basically).

the roads are no better across the canal. didn't know a lot of brit bike guys when I lived there. When you get a chance check out Chuck House's place, it is a fine shop (as I remember it).

with two strokes, crank seals are the difference between a deal and not a deal. if the crank seals are shot, the bike will still run but it will sump tranny oil and smoke more than usual. the only fix is to rebuild the crank which costs.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
I lived in lower garden. Moved three times while I was down there. I lived on S. Claiborne by carrolton, Nashville by tchopitoulias, and St. Charles by Washington. My wife was from Mandeville (and 4 different cities in Texas, and OKC, and well all over basically).

the roads are no better across the canal. didn't know a lot of brit bike guys when I lived there. When you get a chance check out Chuck House's place, it is a fine shop (as I remember it).

with two strokes, crank seals are the difference between a deal and not a deal. if the crank seals are shot, the bike will still run but it will sump tranny oil and smoke more than usual. the only fix is to rebuild the crank which costs.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
I wouldn't recommend one of those cb/cm 400/450 late 70's early 80's hawk derivatives to anybody. Soild motor but THE most boring bike to ride and painfully slow. nothing remarkable about them at all.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
I wouldn't recommend one of those cb/cm 400/450 late 70's early 80's hawk derivatives to anybody. Soild motor but THE most boring bike to ride and painfully slow. nothing remarkable about them at all.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I dont think its the roads causing your bsa to fall apart, i think they're supposed to do that anyway... *friedly britbike jab* :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I dont think its the roads causing your bsa to fall apart, i think they're supposed to do that anyway... *friedly britbike jab* :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts