Cafe Racer Forum banner
201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Took me about 3 days to get my vetter fairing onto my vulcan. I about drove myself crazy taking it on and off and leveling and trimming and cutting... all that to say it’s gonna be worth it
Feed back so far is, its too far forward and too high. so it looks like I will be moving the clip-ons below the top yoke which will give clearance to move it down and back a bit. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Today I moved the clip-on bars to the underside of the top clamp making the bar ends too low for me especially with the seating position 40mm further back due to the tank I'm building. But I had a "cunning plan" because I made the handle bar tubes from a recycled Harley drag bar, I new using the slight bend in the drag bar would give a huge amount of adjustment by rotating them and that has saved the day.
It can be seen buy the bar end mirror position how rotating the bar has raised the grip to approximately the same high as before.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
I adjusted the other bar to be the same and did some more welding on the tank. Unfortunately the wind picked up and the gas ran out so I didn't get as much done as planned, but for only the 3rd time tig welding I'm happy and learning as I go.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Watercraft Glove Bumper Wood

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
It does feel good to me on the bike now, and the foot pegs feel better than when the tank was shorter so that's a win. I have just worked out an articulated front fairing bracket that will give approx. 25mm of up and down movement and tilt forward and aft. That will let me bolt it on and move it around till I'm happy.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts