Cafe Racer Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I looked but can't find if the factory spec is crank or wheel power.
Here is the comparison of my torque curve overlaid on a injected 05 modle with efi k&n filter and slip on. Should be better now I have the throttle opening all the way after fiddling today

IMG_20210211_141724.jpg

·
Registered
838 Posts
the only figures that matter are the ones you have for your bike. without a before run the afters are a bit worthless.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
the only figures that matter are the ones you have for your bike. without a before run the afters are a bit worthless.
I am already keen to get back and try again now that the throttle is opening all the way.
But I will ride it around a bit while I save Some coin.

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Impressed as **** (y)
but I don't think you want much filtered when you are experimenting with a carburetor and the intent of the dyno is to trouble-shoot the tuning, not impress anybody with #'s at this point imho.

We had so much snow here last night it finally ended my 2020 riding season, lol unless I want to ride plowed township roads on a studded KTM

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Impressed as **** (y)
but I don't think you want much filtered when you are experimenting with a carburetor and the intent of the dyno is to trouble-shoot the tuning, not impress anybody with #'s at this point imho.

We had so much snow here last night it finally ended my 2020 riding season, lol unless I want to ride plowed township roads on a studded KTM
I didn't know about the filter at the time, I left it up to the dyno person, but I it may have been because it was very hot and humid. This is new to me.
Next time I may have to get a printout with and without filters
Thanks for the feedback and support

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Ok, Idle is still an issue but not cylinders cutting out or manifold imbalance.
Although I knew it I hoped I wouldn't have to address it. The throttle plate can spin around in the bore of the throttle body. I can see on a larger engine it may have been ok.

So it is a fraction, small even in the closed flat position to much air get past and when the mixture is correct it idles too fast.
I can get the idle speed correct by running rich but I want it correct.

So my mission I have chosen to accept, is get the throttle plate sealing at an appropriate angle,

The throttle plate is not just a flat plate so I need to work with what I have.
I am thinking of running lead/tin solder around the edge fitting it on the shaft and tapping it closed, filing where needed and hoping the soft solder will also conform a bit.

Any other ideas are welcome feel free the throw ideas at me, Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Today I soldered around the throttle plate and filed it to shape it now snaps closed to about a 3 deg angle. No sticking and although I can see light around most of it when held up to the sun I am happy with the fit.
Bolted it on throttle "closed" and it idle steady 800 rpm. (win)
I have noticed the idle air by-pass doesn't shut all the way off when screwed in, but like the throttle plate I will wait and see if that is a problem or not. No mixture checks have been done yet
My new Chinese Reg/rec has died but good news is the stator still tests ok. Maybe the dyno killed it.
The Li battery runs out of puff scary quick with no charge going in and the head light always on.
I am thinking of getting a Honda cbr unit

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I thought the throttle plates were at 27 degrees when fully closed? (but it's been a while since I did an SV)

121 - 128 of 128 Posts