Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Woody's building a nice H2 Mach IV right now, it should be finished in a couple weeks, full restore except fitted with black expansion chambers. Needs a correct kick start lever if anyone has one kicking around.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Woody's building a nice H2 Mach IV right now, it should be finished in a couple weeks, full restore except fitted with black expansion chambers. Needs a correct kick start lever if anyone has one kicking around.
What I recall about my Mate's Kawi 500 at the Drags (in San Francisco area @ a place called Fremont and latter BayLands) was that we used to throw a blanket over the bike when we were in build up maybe three spots from our turn. Chris was sure it needed to get real hot to run best (maybe yes maybe no) and it did turn like mid-12's at like 110 mph at that time for something in full street trim more than a respectable time. Still sounded like a popcorn machine at full chat.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
I forget, did the OP say he knew how to ride a motorcycle, or use a wrench?

Buy this, chances are this is the add you will end up after you are done with a cheap project anyway, so best to start here.

Embrace the hipster

So you love bikes? For the ride?
Start an instagram with a cool handle "RadBradOnTheOpenRoad"
post pictures of you with some acid wash jeans in some cool places.
There will be no bike with a better cost to blowjob ratio

Go do shit and figure out what you like. Once you figure it out, sell this and buy something more focused

Probably should get this and ride.

If you must just have a project just to have a project start small.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
I would rather save up a few more dollars and get a real Guzzi.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Moto Guzzi is an easy Cafe Racer build, it's in their genes.
Wheel Tire Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle

I agree with TR on Moto Guzzi's being easy to turn into Cafe Racers. Do be aware that parts can be a bitch and which supplier you choose is rather important. There are also so really good breakers in the USA and the forums will help you a bunch.
Maybe the most fun is how surprised people will be at well they keep up with some of the other Cafe bikes.

Rich
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle

·
Registered
314 Posts
View attachment 106536
I agree with TR on Moto Guzzi's being easy to turn into Cafe Racers. Do be aware that parts can be a bitch and which supplier you choose is rather important. There are also so really good breakers in the USA and the forums will help you a bunch.
Maybe the most fun is how surprised people will be at well they keep up with some of the other Cafe bikes.

Rich View attachment 106537
View attachment 106536

Rich View attachment 106537
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
見る
490 Posts
Hey All, sorry I sent so many of the same pics. My internet connection kept screwing up showing my connection was failing..................THEN IT WASN'T and everything went at once.
Cheers
No problem. We just thought that you were spamming so deleted your account...joke mate - good pics. (y)....I love Guzzis.

·
Registered
314 Posts
No problem. We just thought that you were spamming so deleted your account...joke mate - good pics. (y)....I love Guzzis.
I have three of the buggers; one to race, one to ride and lastly one awaiting my attention because I chose to throw it into a hedge, Forgot to pull up the side stand a tthing with Guzzis that can be a fatal error. Race pic's are of Daytona from the classic races right after the 200.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Not bad, you could flip that easily but shipping it to Japan

41 - 60 of 86 Posts