Cafe Racer Forum banner

541 - 547 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
And, hey, I'm thrilled to get any feedback on this. This site is so dead, I was debating whether or not to keep updating this thread at all.
No, you should not be updating this thread. You should not be doing anything related to this bike at all. you should be spending your time on the Aeromunchi-Ducati special!

(Yeah, I'm on Advrider too...)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
No, you should not be updating this thread. You should not be doing anything related to this bike at all. you should be spending your time on the Aeromunchi-Ducati special!

(Yeah, I'm on Advrider too...)
Funny you should bring that up. I am refurbishing ADS's brake components right now.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
I'm still waiting on my caliper rebuild kit, so I looked for something else to accomplish this morning.
The handlebars, from a Honda VTR250 Interceptor, were originally designed to bolt both around the fork tube and down to the top triple clamp. That second attachment is not an option with the GS750 front end.

They clamp to the fork tubes using only one pinch bolt per side, and I have never liked that there isn't a way to positively locate them. Even with the bolt torqued down five grunts tight, they can still be made to rotate with a good shove on the end of the bar. So I made a bar out of aluminum stock that links the two sides together. I need to replace the pinch bolts with some extended bolts (6mm x 70mm) and an extra pair of nuts to tie it all together. It's not very elegant, but perhaps I can hide it or integrate it somehow whenever I mount gauges. Or it will just be more ugliness.

541 - 547 of 547 Posts