Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Lord knows I've done my share of crying in my beer over the last few months. And I try not to take it too hard, 'cause as I've started to grow fond of saying..."this thing has kicked way bigger asses then mine...(insert examble, Wall St., GM, etc.)". The latest casualty:

http://www.buell.com/en_us/

Well that sucks. And I was having a good day otherwise.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
fawk (Mr. Eric) Buell

flying the American flag all over the unveiling of an Austrian engined and futher globally compromised bitsa whore?

making statements on the record how that HeliCON engine is actually a Buell/American engine?

after convincing the idiot share holders XL engines really do mot need transmission trap doors?

yep, fawk him and feed him rancid fish heads

belly up you phoney khunt

adios MoCo too

I may not get any more than 7-9 hours of sleep anguishing and lamenting about this sad state of affairs

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
fawk (Mr. Eric) Buell

flying the American flag all over the unveiling of an Austrian engined and futher globally compromised bitsa whore?

making statements on the record how that HeliCON engine is actually a Buell/American engine?

after convincing the idiot share holders XL engines really do mot need transmission trap doors?

adios MoCo too

I may not get any more than 7-9 hours of sleep anguishing and lamenting about this sad state of affairs

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It is a bummer. I give the guy full credit for trying (and succeeding) in creating his own motorcycle company. I wasn't thrilled when he/they tried to bend the racing rules in several classes of AMA/Formula USA to suit their products, but then again, I don't blame them, I blame the racing orgs. for caving in.
I rode a Lightning last year, I was very impressed. It's still on my list of possibilities, particularly if the prices go down on them.
As far as H-D is concerned, as much as I love to hate 'em, I hope they hang in there, for the sake of the many people employed by them and their affiliates.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It is a bummer. I give the guy full credit for trying (and succeeding) in creating his own motorcycle company. I wasn't thrilled when he/they tried to bend the racing rules in several classes of AMA/Formula USA to suit their products, but then again, I don't blame them, I blame the racing orgs. for caving in.
I rode a Lightning last year, I was very impressed. It's still on my list of possibilities, particularly if the prices go down on them.
As far as H-D is concerned, as much as I love to hate 'em, I hope they hang in there, for the sake of the many people employed by them and their affiliates.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:fawk (Mr. Eric) Buell

adios MoCo too

Geez, HackA, I didn't know you were such a sentimental old fool.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:fawk (Mr. Eric) Buell

adios MoCo too

Geez, HackA, I didn't know you were such a sentimental old fool.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can we get back to the real question here of who is going to buy MV Agusta? :) :)

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can we get back to the real question here of who is going to buy MV Agusta? :) :)

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Personally I think 'The Company" is getting what it deserves. Dinosaurs have been extinct for a few years now......
Unfortunately Mr.Buell is but one of many victims of HD's shitty market approach.
I do hope he takes off on his own again, that SHOULD happen.

My buddy Dan is(soon to be was) an engineer for Buell's drive train team.
He's screwed now because he bought into HD lock stock and barrel. As of Dec.18 he's out of a job. He's been told that he can apply inhouse but they've laid off 2/3 of the engineering staff and there will be further cuts by that date. He's not hopeful. But really...what need is there for engineering in a company that's been recycling 50 year old bikes?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Personally I think 'The Company" is getting what it deserves. Dinosaurs have been extinct for a few years now......
Unfortunately Mr.Buell is but one of many victims of HD's shitty market approach.
I do hope he takes off on his own again, that SHOULD happen.

My buddy Dan is(soon to be was) an engineer for Buell's drive train team.
He's screwed now because he bought into HD lock stock and barrel. As of Dec.18 he's out of a job. He's been told that he can apply inhouse but they've laid off 2/3 of the engineering staff and there will be further cuts by that date. He's not hopeful. But really...what need is there for engineering in a company that's been recycling 50 year old bikes?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
he could learn to speak chiknee & maybe get some cosmetic surgery

hd's marketing has been amazingly brilliant

how can anyone find fault with that?

it is the greed thing and high brow heavy handedness stuff that has me wanting to share with them where sympathy can be found....

between sheat and syphilis in the dictionary

or maybe they can find plenty in china

1 - 20 of 23 Posts