Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am a new member. I didn't realize it was a hate group. I thought it was people who shared the same interest. Unfortunately if these first two comments are typical of the membership I don't want to belong to it. I hope it isn't. And I did send a picture of it to Eric Buell.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am a new member. I didn't realize it was a hate group. I thought it was people who shared the same interest. Unfortunately if these first two comments are typical of the membership I don't want to belong to it. I hope it isn't. And I did send a picture of it to Eric Buell.
not a hate group at all.. you are trying to sell a bike here having one post. it generally says you are using the forum only for its sale..

alot of forums allow members to post for sale items, yet only after estabilshing some forum cred, such as a minimum number of posts..

this forum allows members to haze sales ads, some feel the mild abuse may help a buyer to judge if your a stand up seller..

besides we have watched way to many english tv shows from the 70's and its in our blood now...

relax..." tis' just a flesh wound"

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Quote: " I am selling it so I can build another. "

Don't. Keep it. One is enough for the café racer world.

It's not a sixties style anything.

Why on Earth would you fit TWO rear monoshocks and a Hayabusa fork to a slow learner bike?

Put an airfilter on it. Go build a real café racer if you want: help is available.

Eric had a bad day when he got mail.

Peace love dove.jpg

Peace Love Dove

Danger, is my business."

P.S. : N.B. : This is not Mr Eric Buell's I.D. photo. Not in 2015, anyway.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You know asthetics wise it looks nice. I would of painted the fairing the silver as the smoked windshield would match the darker colors of the bike. What's going on with the Honda?

Also reading the new members part would have saved you a headache.........not to mention the RFY shocks.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
You know asthetics wise it looks nice. I would of painted the fairing the silver as the smoked windshield would match the darker colors of the bike. What's going on with the Honda?

Also reading the new members part would have saved you a headache.........not to mention the RFY shocks.
IMHO the seat/tail looks like a plank. It's far too long and it is mounted far too straight, to the point it looks droopy to my designer eye. He's got a hugger fender, so why not have the shorty seat that all hipsters crave? The bikini fairing looks far too big, it's more of a BMW style of fairing, not a café racer one.

A CX 500 tank has sixties style ? , well no, and God give me strength. WTF. :p

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Fairing is from JCWhitney
rest of is is..........

Aways thought those 500cc Buells were stupid looking. Hate the big dorky belt drive sprocket ( matches the rear set bracket )
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
I find it hard to cope with the deep emotion issues involved in a long term member's leaving of the forum. After all they have contributed to the community and all.

A tear.jpg

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Good luck with the sale - for what it's worth I think you did a kinda decent job on it.

Lets face it - the Blast wasn't......a blast......

I don't think Eric would give a shit about what anyone does to one.....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

One thing I like is, it's very CLEAN; certainly not cheaply done.

Personally, it lost me at the header wrap.

My guess is (know the starting price of a Blast), it likely will not sell for the amount of money invested in it to get to this point.

Having ridden a blast before, I'd wager that this particular bike could be lapped at Sandia by a Ninja 250 (with equal talent on both bikes) at about the hairpin on lap 3.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Life too short to waste time with you people. You all deserve each other. Cancel my membership
Oh come on, you don't really mean it. You posted that^^ at 9:08 on 3/1/15

Yet the user log says you signed in again 24 hours later

And it will update again when you sign on and see the latest posts here, including this one. You're not fooling anyone by deleting your post and (not) storming off.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Oh come on, you don't really mean it. You posted that^^ at 9:08 on 3/1/15

Yet the user log says you signed in again 24 hours later

And it will update again when you sign on and see the latest posts here, including this one. You're not fooling anyone by deleting your post and (not) storming off.
Absolutely zero proof, but I wonder if he has two heads? :

View Profile: juspassinthru - CafeRacer Forums

Danger, is
my business."

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Dang, I didn't even get to enjoy the original post. I mighta learnt sumting. We have to start remembering to quote each noob post so that the info can't be completely deleted.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Dang, I didn't even get to enjoy the original post. I mighta learnt sumting. We have to start remembering to quote each noob post so that the info can't be completely deleted.
You don't need this guys help to get a Harley to run on one cylinder! I bet you can do it yourself. :)

Danger, is my business."

1 - 20 of 50 Posts