Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a Sanglas (Spanish Bike) from the 70's that I'm thinking to turn into a Cafe Racer,but here in Spain is not easy to get cafe Racer parts,and of course there are no custom parts for such a Bike so I will have to make my own or to look for parts for other bikes that works for the Sanglas,maybe some Honda or Yamaha Cafe Racer custom Parts will work for the Sanglas,in the late 70's early 80's Yamaha bought the factory and Sanglas started to build Bikes with Yamaha engine.
Where can I look for parts?
Any help will be wellcome!
Greetings from Barcelona.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I bet if you were to post pictures and used a measuring tape or ruler in the pictures some of the people here may be able to chime in with something useful to you.

Hard for anyone else to help you look for something that may fit if you don't share any measurements.

My guess is very few here have ever seen a Sanglas much less ever even heard of one.

Doesn't matter what the make is, all that matters for your search are the physical constraints.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Some of the bike tooling and parts were the same for Bultaco, Montesa and Ossa. Is this not true for Sanglas? As well, You should find a small job shop that will make custom parts for your project. There must be many in and around Barcelona - it is a huge city. Anything is possible if you try hard enough. Post some pictures!

Good luck

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Totally cool and it is styled already of the era. I don't think it needs much. A set of clubman bars, seat, rearsets and a different front fender. Since you are in Spain, I would look for some peices from a Bultaco Metralla, Ossa, Mototrans or Montessa Impala. They all were smaller 2 stroke street bikes. Otherwise, I think some traditional British bits would look good on there if you can get them. BSA Goldstar pipe, seat and fender would look good.

Ken

If you don't want to do any of this, you can send it to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts