Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
the dual downtube frame with 360 motor is the '350 endurance' that broke the record in Parc Montjuic in 1973 I think. It was factory. I like the headlight - anyone recognize the taillight? i think I have seen it on a moped before.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
the dual downtube frame with 360 motor is the '350 endurance' that broke the record in Parc Montjuic in 1973 I think. It was factory. I like the headlight - anyone recognize the taillight? i think I have seen it on a moped before.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks the Valiant has been in the family since new. Still drive it once in a while. Needs painted again though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Rob,

Any project updates?? I'd be interested to see how it's coming along. Dont mean to hijack your post, but I have just got my hands on another metralla project too. Lots of parts missing etc, very ordinary expansion chamber, basically not orignal (as you can see from pics).

I think i'll be going along the same path as you, 35mm forks etc, probably a round barrel pursang engine with port work, expansion chamber etc, cafe'd up. I got some repro kit america glass with the bike too which i'm thinking of running with (see pics) but will take a bit of stuffing around to get them to fit properly. It's missing the fron brake linkages which I may be able to chase up or i'm thinking of putting some suzuki t20 hubs/brakes on. I'm hoping to get her running quite quick and give her a run on the salt flats at Lake Gairdner in South Austraia as a before taking her across the channel to Bonneville for BUB.

Bike has been stripped down, she's not original so I dont feel bad about chopping off unused frame lugs and brackets. I just have to get a slight bend out of the swing arm and then the frame will be off to the sand blaster and things will get rolling. I'm going to get her road registered too.

Like you, I will have to play around with 35mm betors and the triple clamps etc. I have been round to see John Sommerville who is the Metralla guru over here in Australia who has alot of knowledge/experience on how to get things to work and fit properly.

Here she is;

Post some more pics of your build!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone help me with the volume and weight of the oil for the front forks and rear shocks on my 68 Butaco Metralla? Finally getting around to putting it back together after it has been collecting dust for years so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Can anyone help me with the volume and weight of the oil for the front forks and rear shocks on my 68 Butaco Metralla? Finally getting around to putting it back together after it has been collecting dust for years so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Was probably built with 10 weight in mind,
but the bottom line is, how lively do you want your suspension to react, thiner oil then that will make the suspension more reactive, thick oil makes the suspension react retarded.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts