Cafe Racer Forum banner

Burt Munro Special

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  texmawby 
#1 ·
Not a Cafe racer but it's a vintage Racing Motorcycle and thought you guys would appreciate it. I was at Bonneville as part of a pit crew in 1987, '88, and '89. In 1988 or '89 this bike was freshly restored and sitting in the paddock area for people to gawk at. The bodywork consists of a left and right half and they had only the right half installed to allow you to see the actual motorcycle under the skin. I didn't know the story of the man at the time, just really admired the bike and the acomplishment of taking a 1920 Indian to 200MPH in the mid 1960s! I'll try to scan the photos I have of this bike. In one of my photos the red car 'Redhead' in the movie trailer is in the background.
Go to www.worldsfastestindian.com and check the movie trailer. Hope this makes it to the U.S. theaters!
Bret @ Glass from the Past

#3 ·
#9 ·
Tex,
We do stock the Vic Camp style Ducati singles windscreen. We don't make the screens ourselves, Gustafsson Plastics in St. Augustine, Fla. supplies us with what we need. While I'd be happy to sell a screen, if the person is East of the Mississippi they might save themselves a little bit on shipping by ordering direct from Leif. There will be a bit of a lag time, probably a week or so, as Leif will probably have to make the screen. I don't think he keeps that model on the shelf. Let me know.
Bret @ Glass from the Past

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.