Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's what I'm thinking. I just moved to Boston, where it's fairly well impossible to park just about anywhere. I want to be able to park on the sidewalk, which means I need a moped. What I'm after is a moped with a caffable frame - think something I could coax into looking like the Dream 50R. I was looking at the Puch Magnum:

...but the frame's a little on the odd side, not to mention that I'd really prefer a 4-stroke as I have a much better idea of what to do with them. Any suggestions on machines to look out for?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Can you title a Derbi GPR as a moped in Mass? You can in Iowa. Lots of hop up parts available. I bet you could figure out a streetfighter/retro look for it.

Or like Lil Bull said, a Suzuki DRZ400sm(supermoto).

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Can you title a Derbi GPR as a moped in Mass? You can in Iowa. Lots of hop up parts available. I bet you could figure out a streetfighter/retro look for it.

Or like Lil Bull said, a Suzuki DRZ400sm(supermoto).

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
In Europe the hot Cafe "moped" is older Honda SS50's. Come with a Cafe looking tank and a five speed manual gearbox. Punch them out to 70cc (they make the big bore cylinders marked 49cc to remain "moped" legal) and they go pretty good.
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
In Europe the hot Cafe "moped" is older Honda SS50's. Come with a Cafe looking tank and a five speed manual gearbox. Punch them out to 70cc (they make the big bore cylinders marked 49cc to remain "moped" legal) and they go pretty good.
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
I remember when I joined the club...someone who knew me...and knew how things would end up, told me. "When you get fast...there will always be a few that yell "cheater", Then you will know who you have beaten on the track AND in their hearts"

BTW...my cylinders say " 174cc " but they are 209cc.

My weather man was right when he predicted a possiblility of fear in the 250gp class :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Dude, if you live in the city, get a cheap dual sport. Then you won't care when someone knocks it over. You be able to jump curbs and potholes.
No one will steal it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts