Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.roccitycafe.com

I updated my website, now I've got more parts and more information about them, plus new bike pictures. I've decided to really give this a push since ebay just doubled their fees... and my prices are the best out there, and my quality is the best out there! I've taken a look at fiberglass that people bought from others and it's almost always crap, it seems like a lot of people are happy building molds off of crummy parts, and selling fiberglass parts with nicks, scratches, pits, chipped gelcoat... it goes on and on and on, so I'm setting the bar higher here, my glass parts have the best surface finish around, no joke, I went to school for art, so that's what you're buying.

www.roccitycafe.com

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
did you fill out your bio?

do you ask more specific questions, as to which marquees and models?

do i act like a dick?

yep, you betcha!

texy

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
surface quality is important.... but structural integrity and lightweight parts are just as important. gelcoated polyester parts are inferior to vaccum bagged or prepreg epoxy parts. build quality parts and leave it to the buyer to paint em.

guru

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, that a vacuum bagged composite part is better and lighter, but you tell me who is going to pay $240 for a part like that... Believe me, I've built those parts with those materials and vacuum bagging with post cure, and NO ONE, not a one, is willing to pay for the quality difference. If you like my parts and want one that is a PCR hi temp epoxy and surface coat, vacuum bagged and postcured at 250, let me know and I'll build you one!! :)

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
actually... i would never charge anyone $240 for a vaccum bagged epoxy seat pan... even if it was made in carbon... unless i was smoking crack. you have to remember... on a racebike an item such as a tailsection or a fairing are pretty much a throwaway item. so go ahead and charge $300. one has to be realistic

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
also ... thanks but no thanks on your offer for building me stuff... i am all set in that dept.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I like the sound of this... Could this be the beginning of a price war?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I doubt it, I think we're running in different markets, it seems like monkey does a lot of racing stuff, where strength to weight ratio is much more important than appearance. I seem to find my customers don't care that my parts are kinda heavy, but they appreciate the fact that they don't have to have any body experience to paint them and make them look really nice. I doubt my parts are not as strong as monkeys, but I do concede his are probably half the weight of mine, interesting back and forth though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts