Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Schmidty,
New to the online forums, you say? Here's a tip; everything you wrote in your 2nd post should have been said in your 1st. Ya see that way the folks on here know who they're dealing with. By what youve said you obviously have been around cars alot and therefore have come across "noobs". Here, on this forum, almost once a week a new guy comes along wanting to be part of this current fad of "cafe racers". Yes, the name of the site if caferacer.com, but this site was started before, or at least in the very early days, the fad took hold. The people here are bike people, not "cafe racer" people. Those of them who are "cafe racers" are actually CAFE RACERS, meaning they RACE vintage bikes, not put a set of clubmans on an old honda, paint it flat black and hang in starbucks parking lots, if you get me drift.
So we're not haters, we actually like people who do the type work you do. Yes, we as a group can be brutal at times, but it's usually in good fun, and almost always educational.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I call BS that this guy is fabing plural rods and such, but farmed out a carb job.
I would be pissed to if I was trying to run a custom shop and had to explain to my girlfriend why not only could I not fix a tiny motorcycle in three months but I couldn't even get someone else to do it.

Someone doing this that long would not bitch about "haters"
You are upset people are talking shit in your thread? Want me to call whine one one? Like you said its to talk about what ever the hell else we want.
And you can't complain when all you have done is walk in and start bitching about some shop.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I call BS that this guy is fabing plural rods and such, but farmed out a carb job.
I would be pissed to if I was trying to run a custom shop and had to explain to my girlfriend why not only could I not fix a tiny motorcycle in three months but I couldn't even get someone else to do it.

Someone doing this that long would not bitch about "haters"
You are upset people are talking shit in your thread? Want me to call whine one one? Like you said its to talk about what ever the hell else we want.
And you can't complain when all you have done is walk in and start bitching about some shop.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
schmidty32, you get shit because you say that you haven't been on online forums and don't know the etiquette but I argue that you would get much futher if you used real work etiquette. And that is why this forum is different.

Whining about bad service is fine when warranted. Doing it anonymously without introduction is highly suspect and rude. Paraphrasing someone else's post recently:

consider you are in a bar having a beer with your bike riding buddies. Someone you never seen runs in and starts yelling how they go horrible service in the shop somehwere who the fuck knows where. Goes on and on showing zero interest or respect to the local crowd. Doesn't introduce himself, doesn't fill profile...

See?

Yes if you are paying money you should get service. We all agree.

Now do that proper introduction, with a hello and pics of your past projects etc. This we can move on to being normal. And for fucks sake don't start calling us names and haters. Refer to the bar analogy earlier and think how well that would fly.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
schmidty32, you get shit because you say that you haven't been on online forums and don't know the etiquette but I argue that you would get much futher if you used real work etiquette. And that is why this forum is different.

Whining about bad service is fine when warranted. Doing it anonymously without introduction is highly suspect and rude. Paraphrasing someone else's post recently:

consider you are in a bar having a beer with your bike riding buddies. Someone you never seen runs in and starts yelling how they go horrible service in the shop somehwere who the fuck knows where. Goes on and on showing zero interest or respect to the local crowd. Doesn't introduce himself, doesn't fill profile...

See?

Yes if you are paying money you should get service. We all agree.

Now do that proper introduction, with a hello and pics of your past projects etc. This we can move on to being normal. And for fucks sake don't start calling us names and haters. Refer to the bar analogy earlier and think how well that would fly.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I love how it suddenly became the girlfriend's bike.

If they are dyno-ing everything that has a carb or iggy problem then they are the ones doing it wrong. Or right depending in how much they are charging.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I love how it suddenly became the girlfriend's bike.

If they are dyno-ing everything that has a carb or iggy problem then they are the ones doing it wrong. Or right depending in how much they are charging.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
quote:Originally posted by schmidty32

Hey guys, just wanted to put the word out there about the horrible experience I had at CAFE RACER, a local shop in KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

Anyway, there it is. Hope this is of assistance to anyone that it is relevant to!
There - fixed it for you.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
quote:Originally posted by schmidty32

Hey guys, just wanted to put the word out there about the horrible experience I had at CAFE RACER, a local shop in KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

Anyway, there it is. Hope this is of assistance to anyone that it is relevant to!
There - fixed it for you.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts