Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 72 homda that I’m going to build into a cafe racer project. First I need tonget a key. I lost the one that came with it. Anyone know where to get a key?
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Yes, a scrap yard, but it is much cheaper and easier to just hide a toggle switch somewhere.
... looks like she needs a lot more then just a key from here

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need the key to get the seat open inless someome has a recomendation for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m also looking for info on building this project. Inspiration and stuff. I have a budget of about $2k. I live inniowa

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
and steering lock.

Tires, rims, headers, chain, airbox and filters, bearings an brakes should eat up the best part of 2 grand real fast, you better shop wisely. Motorcycle scrap yard is your friend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and steering lock.

Tires, rims, headers, chain, airbox and filters, bearings an brakes should eat up the best part of 2 grand real fast, you better shop wisely. Motorcycle scrap yard is your friend.
All of my parts are there and work. I shouldn’t need to buy much

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looking for inspirational pics if anyone has any of this bike turned cafe racer!
There are tons of pics of CB350 cafe racers on the internet. Some good and some terrible.

For practical inspiration I recommend catching an AHRMA race and checking out those bikes. They actually function.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
You'll be pleasantly surprised with what the end result looks like if you pursue functional and performance oriented modifications.
Doing that will result in a bike that looks as good as it performs

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
To anyone into nice old period correct CB350 motorcycles it is :cool:
it would look equally nice if not better with CL style pipes imho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're looking for a key it's very easy to find one on eBay. All these old Hondas have a number (typically 4 digit) stamped into the ignition, just type "Honda motorcycle key (number)" in the search bar

1 - 20 of 28 Posts