Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Welcome to the site. That's a fun bike to mess around with. Good luck!

Here's mine;

FR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for posting my pic again, html was turned off ??

anyway, wat a great forum, ive been lookin everywhere for a site like this. so good. great to see other 'small' bikes gettin done up..

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Diablo,
Velkomen, My In-laws live in Bergen. Where do you live? I have seen that Norway has a pretty active vintage racing scene there.
Have fun with the little bike. They are pretty cool.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops no I live in New Zealand, not Norway... fixed it now
thanks for the velkomen anyway!!!

ok, wat bars shud i get? clubman? i know most of u dont like them.. but they are easier to get than clip ons for me... or just flat bars?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
rearsets. you should get rearsets before you consider any kind of bars lower than a drag bar. Clubmans are not bad on small bikes (this coming from the guy who hates clubmans) but on the bigger machines they become more trouble than they are worth. Anyway, without the proper foot positioning, any low bars would turn your bike into a torture rack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea go kiwi...
um need sum help, i cant find clubman bars, can i just turn some regular bars from say, a gn250 upsidedown, as long as they dont hit the tank..?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea go kiwi...
um need sum help, i cant find clubman bars, can i just turn some regular bars from say, a gn250 upsidedown, as long as they dont hit the tank..?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
any 7/8th" bar should work. Generic 7/8" bars are you best bet, any motorcycle shop should have them. If you are unsure, measure the bars on there now.

If you turn those stockers upside down, they may hit the tank but they will definatly be too low.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
any 7/8th" bar should work. Generic 7/8" bars are you best bet, any motorcycle shop should have them. If you are unsure, measure the bars on there now.

If you turn those stockers upside down, they may hit the tank but they will definatly be too low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts