Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so last week i fabricated a seat from 18 guage sheet metal...i've wanted to learn this stuff for a while, so i joined this community workshop and started in....weld is ugly as fuck and only half finished, but it was my first time using tig...after about a half hour of blowing holes and filling them in again i got burned out and took a break...i'll go back in this week and finish it up...

so here are the pictures (with tank, on my cb125s frame)...let me know what you guys think...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps- hackasaw: i've got that rx50 tank boxed up, and i'll try to send it out to ya this week!

pps- girlnamedgo: would you be interested in upholstering this little guy? don't need anything fancy, just something to cover up my ugly ass welds....

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I dig it

I suspect I may be able to point you to some LED brake/tail lights to plug those holes

I did an OIF brit ride that way and they tube ends actually accepted the bulb receptacle

just plugged in bare LEDs and called it a day

with your set up you could probably get away with allowing them to illuminate your license plate too

there are however, some rather slick and obscure ones out there if you want to spend about 120 shipped for a pair

took me an act of congress to find them after seeing them on a street rod but I did and bought a set

finished nicely and all

the guy who makes them was really cool about giving me the dims so I could chuck my new ones up in the lathe and molest them without breaking thru

they'd do well drilled for a piece of fiber optic for your license plate

I did my silver Triumph bobber that way, ran it thru the double barrel chain gaurd/chain oiler, crank vent

and it lasted until that assembly got destroyed

cool on the tank

be glad to shoot you a paypal and let me know if you need anything

btw...... are you really wanting to carb that with 24mm mixer?

seems like a huge jump from the 17mm? that is on them

would really have to widen the ports to make use of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts