Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to start to work on my 97 sportster to turn the bike into a cafe racer.I don't want to spend a bunch of money so I will try to do the most of the job meself.The look that I'm looking for is something similar to the BSA Super rocket clubman,I have in mine, Ace bars, rear sets, slim seat and maybe a new tank, the original sportster tank I think that is to high on the front to look good on a cafe racer.I'd like to fit a british tank or a H-D FX (AMF) tank from the 70's,as I want a classic style I will polish the side of the tank like the BSA...

Any advice?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
A fiend of mine put a GS750 tank on his. About an 82 gs I think. It looked pretty good. He also put a Goldwing front end and Suzuki GS750ES wheels on it too. We endurance raced it at Road America once. It handled really well but was a little down on HP. This was in 83 or 84, right when the new Evolution 883 was going to be released. He works for Harley and this was one of the pre-production 883 test mules that they had been doing dyno runs on for emissions and sound.

Ken

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
quote:Originally posted by banjoprat

It's time to start to work on my 97 sportster to turn the bike into a cafe racer.
I think this is the picture you were trying to link to? You linked to the page, not a photo...

I posted a photo of a few Sportster based bikes in the "ultimate cafe" thread. I think they can make great looking bikes, have fun with yours. (I want to build one someday too, but have too many projects right now to start on yet another one.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
You mean like this? These are from my picture reference library

This is a dude living in Thailand

I like this sporty! I don't see an issue with the tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You mean like this? These are from my picture reference library

This is a dude living in Thailand

I like this sporty! I don't see an issue with the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts