Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mags do you guys read? I need some cycle articles/pics/builds/etc for when i am "thinking".

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
always thought picking up a mag in the can-room was kinda nasty. might be better to think about what you're doing.
-parks

·
Registered
187 Posts
My favs are Classic Motorcycle Mechanics mag and Classic Motorcycles. I am not too worried about reading the latest issues so I go on ebay and buy them. Usually can find someone selling a compleye years worth for $15 or so.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Cycle world, the horse, ironhorse (only recently since NY has been getting a lot of coverage), (occasionally) motorcyclist, easyriders, motorcycle classics (the american mag), classic bike (the brit mag), (occasionally) scoot, car craft (did you know 3 of the staffers used to be cb750 SOHC owners?), one or two copies of easyriders from the 1970s, a whole bunch of 1960s issues of motorcycle maintenance (now defunct), two Honda service manuals, and a pad and pen so I can make notes.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Honest to god I read "Twist of the Wrist" over about a month of craps. Anyone wanna borrow it?

Geeto (whom I now declare is no longer dead to me), isn't Car Craft the best car mag? Seems like its the only one still catering to the average guy (instead of the Barrett-Jackson/Baby-Boomer-I-see-muscle-cars-as-a-great-investment crowd).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by krapfever

Geeto (whom I now declare is no longer dead to me), isn't Car Craft the best car mag? Seems like its the only one still catering to the average guy (instead of the Barrett-Jackson/Baby-Boomer-I-see-muscle-cars-as-a-great-investment crowd).
I fucking love car craft. I still have every issue I ever bought going back to 1985. A lot of people get down on them calling them "junkyard craft" since they are a shoestring budget kind of mag but they have always been that way. I was always hooked because they either did things my teen aged buddies and I did (like build a tranny mount out of hose clamps) or they did stuff I wanted to do (like build a nitrous grenade). Hell they even built of a chevy 305 mill - a small block that nobody wanted and everyone of my friends owned at least one.

The 1990s were espically good to CC since the off muscle cars (darts, novas, falcons, etc...) were still cheap and could be had under a thou. They built stuff like a dart with a 440 for less than $2500 by gutting a chrysler newport and stuffing into the econo-cruser. After that article my buddies and I scoped every newport we could find (and were surprised to find that there were tons of them still running from the 1960s). If there is a shortage of chrysler newports now....I blame cc.

Now is great because they publish krass and bernie. I used to read CARtoons in the 80's and loved trosley's drawings. I thought that stuff had all disappeared until CC resurrected it. Awesome.

compared to Hot rod or pop hot rodding (or as I call it pro-touring monthly) CC is still the best bang for the buck in the industry.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
classic racer.

vir is easter weekend. looks us up. usually in the paddock to the left when you come in. closer to the bathrooms on the hill.

jc

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
if I am looking up at the potties, which side are you guys on? Joe, send me your cell no.

scott

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
scott, well be hopefully about where we were last time. but they have the garages kind there now, so were a little backed up. closer to the lake side. if youre showing up for the practice day, then youll have first pick. just get us near a pole with electric. i think tex, tt, and rosko will be there before us. well, they should be. our plan is to head out friday late mornin early afternoon. 5.5 hours from baltimore. we'll be in before dark for sure.

ill email you over my number later.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
oh yeah, we'll have 30lf of canopy to put up too. so save us space!

jc

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
EVIL-

Tex will be in the gray Rev-It Sprinter. I'll have the little red Mazda pixie truck. Aron (Whatevs)and Andrew are supposed to be there somewhere with Kenny Cumming's van.

You and Baker are shooting for Thursday night and Friday practice, right?

-tt

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
righto, should be there Thurs PM. Kenny C is coming down? holy shite. Is Phinney around?

Red box trailer blue ford.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts