Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the plug from the right cylinder on my 76 cb200 with 3000 miles, this is a new NGK Iridium plug with 1500 miles on it. this cylinder does not smoke at all.

this is the same type plug from the left cylinder, which smokes at idle after warming up. It was a little oily, not terrible though.

I figure you all can give me some sound advice, I'd really appreciate it...

·
Registered
854 Posts
i would think that you are leaking oil into that cylinder...assuming that the smoke has a blueish tint to it.

i would say order up two number 9's and maybe a couple number 10's...would you like fries with that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How are you supposed to read that plug if all of the letters are hidden? Aren't they on the sides?

;)

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Are those plugs taken out after it's been idling a while? Or were those plugs taken out after a high RPM run where you shut off the throttle and engine at the same time and coasted to the side of the road? The second plug looks dry to me at this point. That would tend to indicate that it's too much gas. If it's oily the oil won't evaporate and the plug would still look wet. In any case the #9 above is a valve spring retainer and I don't think it's going to have much to do with this unless it needs a valve job. That's not a valve seal.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts