Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enough already.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its just old and shows zero signs of changing....

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
From where I'm sitting, it seems at this point, he's getting jumped on first.

Yeah, maybe he deserved it.

But maybe not.

Problem is no one can be wrong on the internet.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
is this any different when WW was doing it? i can remember if someone objected they were being a baby. stuff like " this is the internet ,deal with it". some seemed to think it was "cute". crnet is all of a sudden serious? just the cold hard facts? its funny until it happens on my thread....go do it somewere else...since when are we to start believing stuff on the net? maybe his "devils advocate" act is a little over the top. if you dont want the post headed for a "shitshow" dont post because if he dont bring it there someone else will. i voted not

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you remember WW also got booted eventually. I think it is because of WW that people are less gun shy now about the ban-hammer.

If this place ever had a line, I imagine it would be just straight up name calling and trolling for the sake of trolling without some sort of motorcycle related content to redeem it (in addition to politics, religion, and racism). There are many posts where he has done that, but there are others where he ties to contribute something (not much but something).

In terms of being booted I am rarely in favor of it for anybody, but I do think one of the admins should have a talk with him and maybe get him to tone it down a little. We don't ask for much self restraint here, just a little. It is a little unsettling that he has said he is on some kind of "mission" just to antagonize the board as some sort of retribution for who knows what. Anybody who a) thinks they can be righteous and exact their own sense of "justice" on the internet and b) does it through more aggression is a pretty sick person.

Given the particular shade of mental illness he seems to be exhibiting, it's pretty much a matter of time before he says something racist or wildly political (actually he has done that already) and will engineer his own demise.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
If it really was an island, the Chief could just decree death by booga booga. If it was the only way off the island I would probably take it as well. Not like there are a lot of women that have survived and all you guys are pretty ugly and probably smell bad. I'm abstaining if anyone gives a shit, speaking of which, I think that guy may have got it right when he wrote something to the effect...... "like a turd that won't flush".
On a lighter note and cause this is a M/C forum...

Guzzi.jpg

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I let a lot slide when it's in a general forum. But when they go, unsolicited, to my personal build thread and starts degrading everything of quality I draw the line. I didn't ask in my personal build thread for criticism or personal opinion. If you want to leave positive comments, that's great. If you don't like what you see, just move along. My vote is to remove the subject from the island. It's not just my build thread, he seems to jump into every active thread with trolling instigation. I've gotten nothing out of any minimal positive or factual input he has offered. He is deliberately pushing the envelope to see what it takes to get booted. He's not here to learn anything from the site and the site lately reflects that.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I'm voting for Pwalo too.... I've already banned the dickhead from the workshop for spazzing up primary school mathematical problems.

I find that when angry mobs are patrolling the site it is best to keep my head below the parapet. Some of my work is a little tongue in cheek but I try not to act like a dick all the time.

I originally came here for a bit of banter, to share what I do and maybe help someone out/get help myself. I don't get out much so it's nice to have virtually real people in the workshop whilst I'm fettling away in the wee hours.

DohcBikes seems to blow a bit hot and cold... he's ok for an hour or so and then something flips him into troll mode and he runs amok directly insulting people.

Personally I'm not voting at all because I'm a new member of the gang and don't think it's up to me whether or not we should make his profile do the hemp fandango for all to see.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Meh.....no need to vote because he's pretty much banned himself by ignoring most of us.

I'm no dctor, but if I had to diagnose the dude I'd say he had Aspergers.....

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I seem to recall quitting the forum for a while too. Haven't done it that much recently though. :eek:

·
Registered
586 Posts
I work in a heavily technical/fully retail situation. Done it for years. Career bicycle mechanic.
I have had to deal with other side of the counter know-it-alls & armchair interweb experts for long enough that I have a very short fuse for that b.s.
CRnet is a great spot that one needs to respect the islands rules & gain credibility by contributing. That's it.
DOuHCeBikes seems to be on a mission to go to the locally owned bicycle shop, 5 minutes before closing on an August Friday evening, and argue for arguments sake why; Campy is better than Shimano; 26" is better than 27.5"; Mongoose is better than Diamondback and you don't need to use SIS housing for indexed shifting. FYYFF!

If CRNet was Lord of the Flies, which character does DOuHCeBikes represent best?

NE

p.s. I voted that fool off the island. Like. next low tide the fool get's tied up at the waters edge.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I work in a heavily technical/fully retail situation. Done it for years. Career bicycle mechanic.
I have had to deal with other side of the counter know-it-alls & armchair interweb experts for long enough that I have a very short fuse for that b.s.
CRnet is a great spot that one needs to respect the islands rules & gain credibility by contributing. That's it.
DOuHCeBikes seems to be on a mission to go to the locally owned bicycle shop, 5 minutes before closing on an August Friday evening, and argue for arguments sake why; Campy is better than Shimano; 26" is better than 27.5"; Mongoose is better than Diamondback and you don't need to use SIS housing for indexed shifting. FYYFF!

If CRNet was Lord of the Flies, which character does DOuHCeBikes represent best?

NE

p.s. I voted that fool off the island. Like. next low tide the fool get's tied up at the waters edge.
I was there for years. Though I solved the whole Shitmano/Campy debate by combining 9 speed Shitmano with Campy 10 speed ergos...Still like the 700c stuff though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.