Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The magna is not looking good it's kinda hard to find parts I was sent the pics to this bike the guy said it was a 80's model Suzuki and that's all he knows anybody? He is sending more pics to me later tonight

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks like a GSX-E, not sure what year or size because they all look abou the same. Maybe a 84 GSX400E

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks like a GSX-E, not sure what year or size because they all look abou the same. Maybe a 84 GSX400E

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is a GS550E or a GS750E from the early to mid 80's. I used to have a 83 550EF, topped out at just under 220kph according to the gps. Good engines in these things.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is a GS550E or a GS750E from the early to mid 80's. I used to have a 83 550EF, topped out at just under 220kph according to the gps. Good engines in these things.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
how many carbs does it have?

four single throats or two twin throats?

looks to me like it has two.

it is an inline four, correct?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
how many carbs does it have?

four single throats or two twin throats?

looks to me like it has two.

it is an inline four, correct?

·
Registered
266 Posts
You sure about that Geeto, I have never seen a 550 twin. It will have those dual throat carbs on it though.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oldschoolorange

You sure about that Geeto, I have never seen a 550 twin. It will have those dual throat carbs on it though.
no not sure, suzukis are not really my strong suit. Actually I was thinking of the gs500e which is a twin (and the successor to the gs450 twin an dyes before you guys jump all over me there was a gs500 four also). But you are right the 550s are an inline-4.

not sure if it is an es model or not but it sure looks like one (the es was the sportier one, second only to the full fairing EF)

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well if it is an inline four with two twin throat carbs, that will nail it down to within a year or two

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The guy has no idea what it is I asked tonight about the carbs and cylinders He sent a few more pics it has sat for a year since he had it and it would turn over but not start when he got it. He wants $300 for it but I may be able to talk him down a few so what is yalls opinion on the bikes from just the pics I may ride to go look at it in the next two weeks

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I think you are right and I think it was either 84 and 85 or 85 and 86 that had those twin throat CV carbs

really neat carbs too, I have several in different bore sizes

not easy to find at all

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if he has the title $300 is a good deal (provided you have the mechanical ability to work on a bike and it still turns over which I doubt). No title: pass on it as it is too new to be inexpensive through a title service. I would offer him $150 to start and go up from there.

when you go to look at it take a jump box with you and see if you can get the starter to turn it over once. If the motor is locked and you don't have the skill to rebuild it then the bike is only worth parts, which are probably borderline anyway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Make sure it has Spark, the igniter units are usually pretty expensive if you can even find them. If you do pick it up I am pretty sure that an sv650 rear shock will fit the rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts