Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the oil. Absolutely no issues. Held it fine. I started up the bike, been tinkering on it and getting it to run better and now it's started seeping oil. At first, it was bad. Then I tightened up the drain bolt (noticed it was just loose enough to drain a bit, not much) and now I'm getting a small amount dripping every day from the size of a dime to a quarter. It's not much, but it's pissing me off.

I only had a few moments to look at it on my way to work but it appears to be coming out slightly near where the shifter lever is? I may have been in too much of a hurry to look at it.

I put oil in until I was able to read the stick and go "Ok, seems fine" as I don't have a manual for this bike and am assembling and disassembling and reassembling everything by ear. So far, no issues other than this.

Corse Per Vita,
-Derek

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if i screwed that up by accident when I pulled the clutch basket. I'll have to take the cover on the left side off tonight and check it out to see if that's where it's coming from for sure.

Thanks for the info and idea, I'll check it out. It's nice to speak to some people that know these bikes so well. Never worked on one in my whole life till I owned one. However, they're so simply put together it's tons of fun to work on.

Corse Per Vita,
-Derek

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:
uh, i have not a clue what kind of bike you are working on.
I did forget to mention that minor detail didn't i?

1975 Honda CB360.

Corse Per Vita,
-Derek

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Either the clutch push rod seal or the shifter shaft seal. Or the counter shaft seal. Take the side cover off. Clean off everything, there may be built up road crap there which is going to make it harder to see where the leak is coming from.

Craig

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone being so helpful. It's absolutely freezing ass cold outside right now so I'll probably check it tomorrow but I'll look into it and see what I find. Thanks a ton!

Corse Per Vita,
-Derek

1 - 9 of 9 Posts