Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
As shop quotes go it doesn't seem out of line to me. But...it's hard to imagine dropping $480 on a bike that's probably worth about $480...nothing against your bike at all....mid 70's small Japanese bikes just aren't valued real high.

But yeah...removing, cleaning, installing carbs...that can take a while. Exchanging bars can be time consuming...which is what shops have to take into consideration. The oil change seems a little steep though.

Hell...just finding a shop that will work on a bike that age is a chore these days. I'd drop $480 to have that work done on my truck any day....so if you are that fond of the bike, the price doesn't seem out of the ball park to me.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Vincent,
The race is up a NHIS at Loudon NH, north of Concord 15 minutes. You want to see some old Honda twins getting thrashed this is the place to go, lots of fun. And you'd get to see what these bikes can do when pushed to the limit.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Vincent,
When you make it to the track stop by my pit. I'll be in the infield, along the road that runs parallel to the main straight. Bright blue fifth wheel trailer on a dark blue GMC, blue canopy.
Hope to see you sometime this year....once you see the racing you'll be hooked.
JohnnyB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.