Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped out a drain plug in my 350 float bowl.I went to the spare parts bin found another bowl cleaned it up and put it on the bike.Gas came out the overflow tube. I removed the bowl checked everything,all seemed OK replaced the bowl,same thing. Taking a closer look I see that the over flow tube has a hair line split that leaks gas before the level gets to the hole in the top.I think this is odd but dealing with this old crap you see all sorts of stuff and I file it in my memory. Well,a week later I start working on a CB125 that I got for my son and the same thing has happened. I don't have any different float bowls for the 125,does this mean I have to go to a junk yard and buy a float bowl? Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any thing like an epoxy that will stand up to being submerged in gas that could do the repair?

Thanks,lonewolf

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
There's some stuff called Seal-All that's supposed to work on small hairline cracks like this. Comes in a yellow tube with red letters. Got it Autozone. It was recommended by Roper who's used it on gas tanks.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
jb weld. What size is the carb? I might have one . . . .

ps, Steve, we are going to Aaron's on Sunday. Wanna go ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Split overflow tubes can generally be soldered. Clean it good, use flux and solder. Of course a bowl without a split tube is preferrable, but soldering works.

Michael

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the input. Evil I'll have to see if I can cut the chain on the tablesaw.I'll try to get in touch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts