Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got "La Manzana" aka wankermobile (CB350) up and running today. First treks up and down the street were great. Of course, I call the other members of the WRG b/c I am excited. Then about an hour later I do a few more quick trips up and down the block. The left carb starts spewing, I mean SPEWING fuel out of the velocity stack, it bogs and bucks like a NY $5000 hour hooker (I have read in the papers $5,000 hookers buck alot). I think stuck bowl...nope. Bowl is fine, no leaks and floats well. It is late now, so no more running the bike...you know... neighbors. I was running 115 mains, right side is okay. I have now taken the carb about to inspect and all looks well. I down jetted the main to a 105. Can a too high of jet really cause that much fuel to build up? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'd take another look at the floats. Sounds like an adjustment may be needed. Bend the tangs up as necessary.
Mains should not be a factor for the overflow stuation.

Good luck wanker.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
You might have also got the float bowl gasket swelled up after it properly wetted up with fuel and it was out of position and held the float up. I think the worst the big jets would do foul the plugs. To spew lots of gas out you'd probably have to be running 540 mains.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that is what I thought. I am hoping the float just got stuck. I have them at 26mm which is what they are suppose to be for my engine no. It is raining until Thursday, so I won't get a chance to bump start it until after then...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts